Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 05:55:10 am

Author Topic: FoRR; Similarities/Differences of the First and Second Triumvirate  (Read 2076 times)  Share 

diggity

• Trailblazer
  • "Somebody once told me,the world is gonna roll me"
  • Respect: 0
Hello! I have just received my third assessment task, which requires me to compare and contrast the First and Second triumvirate. I come here to ask for some similarities / differences between the two that I can research. Not asking to be spoon-fed here, just asking for some direction, haha  ;D Thanks guys!
https://discordapp.com/invite/zEWnJnC

HSC 2019 discord. Minimal work is done, but more people to do that work would be nice. Feel free to join.

Aiming for an E4 in MX1 and MX2, and a band 6 in IT (Multimedia). Band 5 in English would require a miracle. Need a 90+ atar to actually recieve my scholarship at WSU (which is why I'm here, haha)

diggity

• Trailblazer
  • "Somebody once told me,the world is gonna roll me"
  • Respect: 0
Re: FoRR; Similarities/Differences of the First and Second Triumvirate
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 08:39:58 pm »
bump
https://discordapp.com/invite/zEWnJnC

HSC 2019 discord. Minimal work is done, but more people to do that work would be nice. Feel free to join.

Aiming for an E4 in MX1 and MX2, and a band 6 in IT (Multimedia). Band 5 in English would require a miracle. Need a 90+ atar to actually recieve my scholarship at WSU (which is why I'm here, haha)

hums_student

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +520
Re: FoRR; Similarities/Differences of the First and Second Triumvirate
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 06:37:47 pm »
+2
Hey there,

I did VCE not HSC, so take everything with a grain of salt. Some aspects you can look at include:

- Background to how the Triumvirates formed

- The political backgrounds of the individuals

- Differences and similarities between their collective aims

- Differences and similarities between the individual aims of the triumvirs.

- What was each member's political interest and what did they offer to the alliance?

- Their decline - what made the triumvirates break apart / lose power?

- Conflicts between the triumvirs - how stable / unstable were their alliances?

- Legal differences - for example, the First Triumvirate was a private political alliance, while the Second Triumvirate was legal and publicly recognised.

- How differently were they viewed by the senate?

- What about Roman citizens? Did their views change in regards to the triumvirates?

Good luck with your assessment!
2019-21: Bachelor of Arts (Politics & Int'l Relations / Economics)