Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:59:52 am

Author Topic: getting healthy and feeling better in semester two  (Read 15316 times)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: getting healthy and feeling better in semester two
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2019, 08:58:41 pm »
+4
Thanks for the bump Poet! I've been eating sort of healthy (I mean healthy enough for the holidays), and have done sporadic cleaning and study. I have friends coming over tomorrow so I'll have to clean up before then and I have some work that I need to finish by Monday, plus I'm going to lectures on the weekend which should help to motivate me. I've also been drinking lots of water because my headaches and dizziness is a lot worse if I don't so that's always a reminder.

I hadn't been working out at all, but have been on heaps of leisurely walks in some really nice areas. I walked for an hour today around a lake in Ballarat as well as through the Ballarat Botanical Gardens. I realised when I got home that I couldn't put any weight on my bad knee though so I think that is a sign I have not been wearing my orthotics as much as I should over the holidays. Hopefully it will be better soon and I can pick this back up.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2019, 07:22:35 pm »
+5
Hello everyone,
I'm back again. After a wild couple of weeks, I'm seriously lacking in motivation. At the moment I'm focusing on eating healthily, keeping my study spaces clean (and my room) and studying heaps for exams.

My room looked like a bomb had exploded but at the minute it's looking a little better. I've been eating heaps of healthy foods and they've been giving me lots of energy. I can definitely feel the difference. At the minute I'm trying to do around 15 hours a week of study, homework and exam revision. This is the amount suggested by the school and since I've missed quite a few days I feel like I really need to do this amount to catch up on the work I've missed. Last week I did 13 hours and 25 minutes, an improvement from the 9 hours the week before. I feel like I might finally hit the 15 hours this week so wish me luck!

I'll check back in on Sunday... ;D

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2019, 04:51:30 pm »
How've you been Laura?

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2019, 07:06:40 am »
+2
How've you been Laura?
Really great actually, thanks for reminding me to update this. I've started a habit tracker with six things on it and that has been super helpful for me.

They are:
- eat healthily
- drink enough water
- do my chores
- workout
- pray and read my bible

So far I've found the healthy eating and working out most effective and I've been losing weight and feeling fantastic! Having a really simple system during exam time has worked for me.

I also started a study tracker and that's been useful. It helps me to see how much time I spend on each subject each week- enlightening.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2019, 12:42:40 pm »
Really great actually, thanks for reminding me to update this. I've started a habit tracker with six things on it and that has been super helpful for me.

They are:
- eat healthily
- drink enough water
- do my chores
- workout
- pray and read my bible

So far I've found the healthy eating and working out most effective and I've been losing weight and feeling fantastic! Having a really simple system during exam time has worked for me.

I also started a study tracker and that's been useful. It helps me to see how much time I spend on each subject each week- enlightening.

Do you track digitally or by hand? I used to use a monthly & weekly tracker in my bullet journal but I usually forget after a few months

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2019, 06:22:36 pm »
+3
Do you track digitally or by hand? I used to use a monthly & weekly tracker in my bullet journal but I usually forget after a few months
I track my habits by hand, and study too. (But I transfer the study tracking off of a note on my computer once a week rather than daily.)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2019, 09:49:49 pm »
+4
With Semester 2 coming to a close, I'm officially closing this thread.

Whist, I haven't been as consistent with posting over this term, some of the habits I started I've still been continuing without too much effort as they've become part of my routine. I've been drinking more water and eating predominantly healthy foods (with occasional treats). I've also been doing more exercise day-to-day and I've been feeling more energised.

I think that I'm going to make an effort over summer to keep building these positive habits. I think that one that I miss the most was the no technology on bed thing as it certainly kept my screen time down. I might try and enforce that more next year when school starts back up. I'm also going to try and restart an ab workout plan.

Thanks so much for everyone who's followed this journey and been so supportive! I appreciate all of the tips, motivation, advice and support. ;D