Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 02:53:40 pm

Author Topic: Building my confidence in maths!  (Read 4510 times)

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
Re: Building my confidence in maths!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 12:18:46 pm »
+2
24/9/19

let's just get the depressing, spirit-breaking news out of the way
Once again, I have failed a Methods SAC. That means I've failed all three. That also means that I've done three recalls. I can say that I tried my heart out. But it still wasn't enough to pass on my first attempt. *sighs heavily*

It's getting uncomfortably close to the pair of Methods exams. And after getting yet another recall sheet (which by default means I failed), my confidence in this subject is even lower than it already was.

slightly unrelated, but I have to address this somewhere
Am I too active on ATARNotes? Am I posting too much? I know I have been posting a lot, but I really just need help.
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 06:52:19 pm »
+1
slightly unrelated, but I have to address this somewhere
Am I too active on ATARNotes? Am I posting too much? I know I have been posting a lot, but I really just need help.
Regarding being too active on AN, it depends. If you feel like it's a distraction or another form of procrastination, then maybe you are spending too much time on it. In saying that, you don't need to completely not go on AN. For me, I find that it is quite distracting so I block AN and I try to only unblock it when I'm not studying or doing HW etc. Maybe you could try something similar. (I use Block Site - Website Blocker for Chrome, which I find is really useful because you can block generic and specific websites. The only bad thing about it, is that sometimes it just randomly un-installs but you can install it again and it'll block the websites that you previously had on your list) In addition, maybe you could you use going on AN as a form of motivation to get study and HW done.

P.S: It sounds like ur burnt out. I found this useful guide that you might want to read: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=166437.msg888525#msg888525
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 07:42:37 pm by Snow Leopard »

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 06:57:27 pm »
+1
Regarding being too active on AN, it depends. If you feel like it's a distraction or another form of procrastination, then maybe you are spending too much time on it. In saying that, you don't need to completely stop yourself from being on AN. What I do is put a ban on AN and I try to only unblock when I'm not studying or doing HW etc. Maybe you could try something similar. In addition, maybe you could you use going on AN as a form of motivation to get your set homework done.

There is a point where being on AN becomes counterproductive and turns into procrastination! It's a great forum as it can be extremely motivating and helpful but while you're trying to study perhaps limit the types of posts you are reading/posting :)
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2019, 03:41:04 pm »
What can I do in the next 40 days to gain an interest in maths?
So what I've failed all three of my SACs? Exams are way more important. But I am clearly not ready for them. And everyone in my class (the vocal ones) perceives maths so negatively, so that doesn't really help.

Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.