Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:20:41 pm

Author Topic: Mid year exam assistance thread  (Read 24431 times)  Share 

daniel99

Re: Mid year exam assistance thread
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2008, 04:00:07 pm »
NO NO NO....They are the Cotrex's within the lobes. Each lobe contains a sensory or motor cortex.

The association area's are everything other than motor or sensory neurons, basically, the rest of the brain (other than the primary cortex's).

The association areas integrate the information of all lobes of the brain..I can send you some notes regardhing them if you like?

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »
im so stuck on visual perception. i dont understand it one bit. i just did 25 mutliple choice questions on it and got 7 right. from brain and nervous system i got them all right :) lol.
does anyone have easy to understand notes on visual perception? its just not sinking in:(
ive got Erinys notes and there great but i dont know what happens when it comes to questions.
so any extra info would be greatly appreciated
thank you

daniel99

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2008, 04:34:40 pm »
Yeh i do and can send u them via email if you want?

cathtacular

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2008, 04:42:08 pm »
sweet as my email is
[email protected]

2008:
English
Art
Psychology
Legal studies
Vis Comm

sisqo1111

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2008, 06:00:31 pm »
Yeh i do and can send u them via email if you want?
yes please, i pm'd u my email address
thankyou

chubz90

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2008, 06:25:36 pm »
Hey guys,
can some one please explain the visible light spectrum thing and what i must know about this. The teacher skipped this and never ended up teaching us about this fully. All i do know that kind of relates to this is that colours remain just as bright in darkened conditions. So yeah, some basic explanations would be helpful. :)

ilovesuck

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2008, 09:12:24 pm »
Hey guys,
can some one please explain the visible light spectrum thing and what i must know about this. The teacher skipped this and never ended up teaching us about this fully. All i do know that kind of relates to this is that colours remain just as bright in darkened conditions. So yeah, some basic explanations would be helpful. :)

what you need to know (basically):

-range of the visible light spectrum and their corresponding wavelengths (~380nm - ~760nm)
-380nm corresponds to light of VIOLET colour; 760nm corresponds to light of RED colour (think of ROYGBIV --> colours of rainbow)
-cones respond best to red/yellow light; rods respond best to blue/violet light.

thats about it :)

im so stuck on visual perception. i dont understand it one bit. i just did 25 mutliple choice questions on it and got 7 right. from brain and nervous system i got them all right :) lol.
does anyone have easy to understand notes on visual perception? its just not sinking in:(
ive got Erinys notes and there great but i dont know what happens when it comes to questions.
so any extra info would be greatly appreciated
thank you

what ar eyou having trouble with?

ilovesuck

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2008, 09:18:00 pm »
i have a question:

when the question asks "with reference to ________ explain blah blah blah", do you specifically have to state what they want you to reference?

for example, if the question was "with reference to the apparant distance theory, explain how the muller lyer illusion works", do you specifically have to say "apparant distance theory" or is it assumed?

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2008, 09:38:15 pm »
It would be advisable to state the term "apparent distance theory". A definition in this case could be appropriate.

For example you would say, "according to the apparent distance theory..."
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne

chubz90

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2008, 10:58:43 pm »
Hey guys,

-range of the visible light spectrum and their corresponding wavelengths (~380nm - ~760nm)
-380nm corresponds to light of VIOLET colour; 760nm corresponds to light of RED colour (think of ROYGBIV --> colours of rainbow)
-cones respond best to red/yellow light; rods respond best to blue/violet light.

okay thats very helpful but can you explain what the core meaining that i am meant to grasp from the spectrum thing. As in how is it relating to the topic or what VCAA wants us to understand about this? lol, i have never really heard about this sepctrum thing until about 3 days ago. :o

daniel99

« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2008, 11:09:55 pm »
can u abbreviate terms like CT FMRI EEG etc or do you have to write it fully?

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2008, 07:05:33 am »
can u abbreviate terms like CT FMRI EEG etc or do you have to write it fully?

Yeah that's fine to do that.
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne

moshi

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2008, 10:24:31 am »
if a question asks you 'what is consciousness?', do you have to mention the word internal?
this is my definition: consciousness is the awareness of objects and events in the external world and of our own existence and mental processes at any given moment
one of the teachers at my school said that it's important to mention internal, but i'm not sure how picky the examiners are going to be if i don't, as i've already mentioned 'mental processes' anyway

daniel99

« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2008, 10:27:12 am »
I think that you have mentioned internal as 'mental processes' so thats fine.

My definition is consciousness is the awareness of internal and external stimuli at any given moment including thoughts, feelings, sensations and memories.

But your def. covers everything so you should get full marks if it happens to come up!

ilovesuck

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2008, 04:44:12 pm »
Hey guys,

okay thats very helpful but can you explain what the core meaining that i am meant to grasp from the spectrum thing. As in how is it relating to the topic or what VCAA wants us to understand about this? lol, i have never really heard about this sepctrum thing until about 3 days ago. :o

well, in a nutshell, just know that electromagnetic energy lies on a continuum, from extremely extremely small wavelengths (gamma rays and stuff) to really really massive wavelengths (think football fields long).  we can only see a TINY proportion of this continuum, and it is referred to as the VISIBLE SPECTRUM (~380 - ~760nm wavelength).  if we could see the whole spectrum of electromagnetic energy, we would see radio waves flying about, x-rays etc etc.

honestly, i doubt you need to know so much about all this.  just know the points i mentioned before and it should be sufficient knowledge.