Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:10 pm

Author Topic: Legal Studies- Help with Thesis for Option Essay  (Read 546 times)  Share 

Dominique_A

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Legal Studies- Help with Thesis for Option Essay
« on: March 10, 2019, 09:57:28 pm »
Hey everyone, I have a legal assessment on Indigenous peoples and would really value any feedback you have regarding my thesis statements. I'm aiming to have clear, strong, conceptual opening sentences and would really value an outside opinion on where I could improve. Thank you in advance :)!

Evaluate the effectiveness of legal and non-legal measures in protecting the intellectual property rights of Indigenous peoples [25 marks]
Essay Thesis
Legal and non-legal measures are moderately effective in protecting the intellectual property rights of indigenous peoples by working interchangeably to ensure maximum protection. However, their effectiveness is limited as it fails to fully reconcile the historical and continued disregard for indigenous intellectual property rights.
International Conventions
International documents are considerably effective by providing an international standard for state compliance, ensuring the uniform protection of Indigenous intellectual property rights.
Domestic Legislation
Domestic legislation is relatively effective as they provide a legal avenue to protect indigenous property rights, however state sovereignty often diminished the extent to which legislation protects intellectual property rights.
NGOs
Where legal measures fail to protect the rights of indigenous peoples, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) are effective in pushing for reforms to further protect the intellectual property rights of indigenous peoples
Media
The media is moderately effective  in protecting intellectual property rights by voicing the often-ignored difficulties of indigenous people, prompting law reform within domestic and international laws.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Legal Studies- Help with Thesis for Option Essay
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 10:42:42 pm »
Hey Dominique!! I think these are fantastic Thesis statements, you've done an incredible job! One thing you could do in the intro itself is establish the importance of the topic. I would always start my essays with something like, "Developing just laws in the areas concerning family relationships is especially challenging due to..." (for Family Law), "Laws maintaining world order are increasingly important in a globalised world," or something like that to contextualise the topic. You might find something like that would work well for your essay too!

Seriously good work though Dominique, you've definitely accomplished your goal ;D