Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:14:54 pm

Author Topic: Zhen's VCE Journey  (Read 46891 times)

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +416
Re: Zhen's VCE Journey
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2017, 04:31:08 pm »
+5
Congratulations on finishing, Zhen! :)
enjoy your break :D
VCE '15
don't let dreams be dreams

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2017, 05:40:18 pm »
+9
Congrats Zhen!  :)

I've been reading your posts consistently since the start of the year back when I too was new to AN. I have to say your wisdom and understanding is inspiring, and particularly your journal is fantastic as many have pointed out.

I hope you take the time to relax and try to forget about VCE until ATAR day. Look forward to seeing you around on AN!
UAdel MBBS

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • The world is a bitter place
  • Respect: +338
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2017, 06:16:55 pm »
+8
Make sure you stick around afterwards, too!
You'll be able to come hang with the uni crew and also pass on some awesome insight to the class of 2018 :)
Ye, I’ll make sure I stick around and hopefully help out the next generation.

Congratulations on finishing, Zhen! :)
enjoy your break :D
Ye I’ll do my best to enjoy these holidays. I have so many things I want to do but I’m not sure where to start.

Congrats Zhen!  :)

I've been reading your posts consistently since the start of the year back when I too was new to AN. I have to say your wisdom and understanding is inspiring, and particularly your journal is fantastic as many have pointed out.

I hope you take the time to relax and try to forget about VCE until ATAR day. Look forward to seeing you around on AN!
Ye, I think we’ve come a long way since the start of the year. I’ve also been reading your posts (and kind of being a stalker lol) and you’ve really done a lot to help out around atarnotes. Also, good luck on your Latin exam (I think it’s your last exam).

Gogo14

• Forum Obsessive
  • when life gives you lemons... takeum and shareum
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2017, 06:19:22 pm »
+2
Wah so popular on AN
2016: Bio[45]
2017: Eng[43];Chem[47];Methods[49];Spesh[46];Physics[44]
2018+: B-Biomed @unimelb

PM if want help/advice | VCE tutoring available too- just PM

lyoko

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +51
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2017, 03:09:17 pm »
+7
Congratulation Zhen on finish VCE! Woo! You're free bro! Like many before me, your journal has been a pleasure to read and at certain times, when I was feeling demotivated or was having a bad day, reading your journal reminded me that I wasn't alone in this VCE marathon and for that, I sincerely thank-you!

Congratulations again Zhen, and I wish you nothing but the absolute best for the 15th of December, 2017. Take care bro!

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2017, 10:04:05 pm »
+5
Wah so popular on AN
Not really and I’m not popular at all in real life. You should know this.
Congratulation Zhen on finish VCE! Woo! You're free bro! Like many before me, your journal has been a pleasure to read and at certain times, when I was feeling demotivated or was having a bad day, reading your journal reminded me that I wasn't alone in this VCE marathon and for that, I sincerely thank-you!

Congratulations again Zhen, and I wish you nothing but the absolute best for the 15th of December, 2017. Take care bro!

Thanks for your kind words. Right now I’m just praying for good results on the 15th. All the best for your results on the 15th too.

I haven’t posted in my journal in a while. I’ve been just chilling these holidays, which has been amazing. Being able to relax guilt free feels amazing. Later this week I’m going to be hanging out with friends and I’ll be busier than I have over the past week, so I look forward to that.

exit

• Forum Obsessive
  • COALESCE
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2017, 04:40:11 pm »
+3
Definitely THE vce journal I could relate to. Always a pleasure to read this and know that others are experiencing exactly what I've been experiencing. (but fortunately not the bad teachers- but with your dedication I don't think it was much of a problem)

CONGRATZ FOR FINISHING VCE 2017!~~~~ ;D

Be sure to stay around in AN next year, I know I will :D In the end, I personally have learnt so much skills and knowledge from VCE that I can take with me for the rest of my life, and I hope you can relate to this. (teamwork, taking initiative etc.) So, regardless of our results I hope you will flourish irl  :P
VCE [ATAR: 99.25]: Physics 1/2, English 1/2, EngLang,Methods, Spesh, Accounting, Chem, German

2018-2021: Bachelor Of Commerce @ University of Melbourne
VCE English Language: A+ Short Answer Guide[pm for extra guidance!]

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2017, 12:20:51 pm »
+3
Definitely THE vce journal I could relate to. Always a pleasure to read this and know that others are experiencing exactly what I've been experiencing. (but fortunately not the bad teachers- but with your dedication I don't think it was much of a problem)

CONGRATZ FOR FINISHING VCE 2017!~~~~ ;D

Be sure to stay around in AN next year, I know I will :D In the end, I personally have learnt so much skills and knowledge from VCE that I can take with me for the rest of my life, and I hope you can relate to this. (teamwork, taking initiative etc.) So, regardless of our results I hope you will flourish irl  :P
Actually having these teachers was quite the obstacle to overcome. Well, when people ask me why I didn’t do well in VCE, at least I have an excuse.  :P I’ll stay around on AN next, year but I don’t think I’ll be active as I’ve been this year cause I’ll probably have a lot of new obligations and I’ll probably be really busy. I hope I flourish in real life, but being the socially inept, vertically challenged, chubby asian that I am, I probably won’t.  :P Anyway, all the best to you. Hopefully we end up with scores we’re content with.

pianism

« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2017, 01:19:18 pm »
+10
Hi zhen,

I realise I haven't posted all that often on ATARNotes this year, but I certainly have kept up with reading your journal over these past months. I really appreciate the honesty and thought you've put into these posts. I've experienced very similar circumstances with some teachers, SACs and exams this year, so I can assure you that I know exactly how you feel - reading your journal always assured me that I was never entirely alone in my frustration.  :)

You've been so dedicated and hard-working all year - we all recognise that you've done everything you can to receive your best result and ultimately, that is all something that we should aspire to achieve. I really hope that you're proud of yourself and the enormous amount of effort you've put into your VCE journey.

I understand that the anxious wait for results and the thought of the open-ended future that lies ahead can be quite daunting. I have no doubt that you will flourish in all aspects of university life next year. Promise us all that you'll continue to take challenges into your stride and always persevere, even if the road ahead seems difficult.

Thank you so very much for all that you've contributed to the AN community this year and best wishes for December 15th.  :)

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2017, 11:28:22 pm »
+7
Hi zhen,

I realise I haven't posted all that often on ATARNotes this year, but I certainly have kept up with reading your journal over these past months. I really appreciate the honesty and thought you've put into these posts. I've experienced very similar circumstances with some teachers, SACs and exams this year, so I can assure you that I know exactly how you feel - reading your journal always assured me that I was never entirely alone in my frustration.  :)

You've been so dedicated and hard-working all year - we all recognise that you've done everything you can to receive your best result and ultimately, that is all something that we should aspire to achieve. I really hope that you're proud of yourself and the enormous amount of effort you've put into your VCE journey.

I understand that the anxious wait for results and the thought of the open-ended future that lies ahead can be quite daunting. I have no doubt that you will flourish in all aspects of university life next year. Promise us all that you'll continue to take challenges into your stride and always persevere, even if the road ahead seems difficult.

Thank you so very much for all that you've contributed to the AN community this year and best wishes for December 15th.  :)
Thanks for such a heartwarming message. Best wishes to you too.  :) Also, since you’ve finished your exams, maybe you could also start posting a bit more and helping out the lower year levels. Would love to see you around the forums.  ;D

Ok, now for the shameless advertising on my own journal. Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been really busy hanging out with friends and watching anime. But, I think that watching anime has started to get a bit boring (like all hobbies when you’ve spent a ton of time on them). So, to prevent the boredom from really setting in, I’m planning to start tutoring. Honestly, I’m not quite sure how I’m going to do for my subjects, but I really want to tutor next year cause it’s something I enjoy doing. So, for the rest of the time from now until results day, I plan on offering free tuition. I plan on tutoring mathematical methods, which is the only subject which I did decently in my SACs and the subject I have a some confidence in. I have experience helping out friends and tutoring grade 1 students when I was volunteering, but I’ve never tutored random strangers who are around the same age as me. I think that offering this free tutoring service will be giving back to the atarnotes community and helping students out. It’ll also be allow me to improve my teaching skills and hopefully have something down if my results don’t end up being amazing. So if you’re a struggling student who’s having difficulty in methods, pm me for details and hopefully I can help you out.

Edit: The shameless advertising didn’t work out lol. I upped the ante by mentioning my school, which will hopefully attract some students. Seriously, I’m laughing at how I’m offering a free service and literally no one is even curious enough to message me.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 08:25:00 pm by zhen »

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2017, 11:10:08 pm »
+3
Ok, over the holidays I’ve done a lot of hanging out with friends already which has been nice. But, things have started to slow down and I’m starting to get bored of anime and games. I’m going to put a massive list of things I plan to do during the holidays. I’ll probably add to this list if things pop up.
  • Get my Ls
  • Start drawing again
  • Get fit
  • Start casually studying for fun
  • Start tutoring (hopefully)
  • Do some volunteer work
  • Hang out with friends
  • Read books
  • Post on Atarnotes
  • Learn to cook
Also, still haven’t gotten any messages of interest for free tutoring.  :'( I’m guessing that no one would trust someone to tutor them without knowing their score, even if it’s free.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:53:53 pm by zhen »

tchaikno6

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2017, 11:19:06 pm »
+1
Can confirm Zhen is a great person on AN and in real life. Goes to the same school as me but probs doesn't know who I am. Have been keeping an eye on his guide and he is very friendly and someone I can relate to very closely. mad respect for everything this guy does.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2017, 11:23:34 pm »
Ok, over the holidays I’ve done a lot of hanging out with friends already which has been nice. But, things have started to slow down and I’m starting to get bored of anime and games. I’m going to put a massive list of things I plan to do during the holidays. I’ll probably add to this list if things pop up.
  • Get my Ls
  • Start drawing again
  • Get fit
  • Start casually studying for fun
  • Start tutoring (hopefully)
  • Do some volunteer work
  • Hang out with friends
  • Read books
Also, still haven’t gotten any messages of interest for free tutoring.  :'( I’m guessing that no one would trust someone to tutor them without knowing their score, even if it’s free.
9. Post on AN!

RE: tutoring, you might need to get your first few students through people you know! So maybe email your teachers to see if they know anyone who might benefit from some extra help, or ask any family friends or something. :)
You probably have to push it a bit to get the first few people (even if they're younger people that you're helping with their maths), but once you get a few, you'll be fine. I'd also recommend posting on facebook about it!

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2017, 11:43:31 pm »
+2
Can confirm Zhen is a great person on AN and in real life. Goes to the same school as me but probs doesn't know who I am. Have been keeping an eye on his guide and he is very friendly and someone I can relate to very closely. mad respect for everything this guy does.
I’m here left wondering who you are right now cause I have no clue from your username. Edit: Did a bit of stalking and saw that you’re rank 1 in MHS for methods, so I think I know who you are. Also, I’m guessing that you found out my identity from Eric11267. Just to confirm, we both had a “unique” experience in English this year right? Edit 2: If you’re who I think you are, you found out during the year 12 photo after the English trial exam or Eric11267 talks way too much about me.

9. Post on AN!

RE: tutoring, you might need to get your first few students through people you know! So maybe email your teachers to see if they know anyone who might benefit from some extra help, or ask any family friends or something. :)
You probably have to push it a bit to get the first few people (even if they're younger people that you're helping with their maths), but once you get a few, you'll be fine. I'd also recommend posting on facebook about it!
Right now I just want to get some experience and see whether or not tutoring is for me (which is why I’m offering it for free). For now I’ll just leave this on Atarnotes and see if anyone messages me. Right now my school is going through the transition to a new year level type thing, so it’ll be a massive hassle for teachers if I asked them about this stuff cause they’re probably not going to be in contact with their this year’s students at all. I’ll probably do more intensive advertising on facebook and other places if I actually start wanting to tutor seriously. But, for now all I want is one or two students as a way to get experience and help someone out that’s struggling.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 12:08:22 am by zhen »

tchaikno6

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2017, 12:06:20 am »
+1
Very 'Unique' to say the least ahah. But yeah you got me