Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:22:19 pm

Author Topic: Accountingpro's Journey  (Read 4131 times)

accountingpro

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Accountingpro's Journey
« on: March 23, 2018, 06:08:23 pm »
+4
Hey y'all.

New to this forum and this looked fun, thought I'd make my own journal.

Contrary to my name, which I specifically made this account to ask people of their experiences with accounting, as I don't really enjoy it lol. Teacher's a bit of a muffin and frankly it's too simple I think.

I'm in Year 11 doing:
Busman 3/4
Methods
Spesh
Physics
Accounting
English

I find busman really enjoyable, I got 93% on my first sac which I actually found quite difficult. I lost marks due to some mistakes (not giving example in a define question, and not expanding a topic) however I'd prefer to learn them now. I'm aiming for high 40's as it's my only 3/4 so I may as well throw time at it. The majority of my class did good on the sac, 2 people got above me (100% and 96%) so I'll have to make up that difference through the year.

Methods is boring beyond belief, I was advised not to do it in year 10 (as well as everyone else who was good at maths) and so far it's just revision of year 10. I actually learn from it by explaining the material to classmates.

Spesh is really fun, did find proofs quite hard but interesting and in general enjoy the environment of it.

Physics is pretty good, genuinely hate Lightbook with a passion. Teacher's good and interesting. Currently doing thermodynamics

Accounting is a love/hate, the teacher is stubborn so we continually argue about every point under the sun, which we both find enjoyable lol. I pick up the concepts quick. He said I'd fail the practice SAC if I didn't do the chapter questions, of which I did 0 and got 100% lol.

English is always hard for me, I get 79% on literally everything every year and aim to change that. Currently do argument analysis which is more interesting than studying the Kite Runner.

Love me some Fortnite.

Any questions or discussion just go ahead.

accountingpro

• Trailblazer
Re: Accountingpro's Journey
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 09:40:28 pm »
Hm anyone got any tips for argument analysis? I've always enjoyed English but always lingered around 80% which I'm attempting to improve. I can link the article but any broad tips for it?

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 11:19:59 pm »
+1
Excited to read your updates this year! How are you feeling with almost a term of year 11 under your belt? :)

RE: argument analysis, I did VCE 2 years ago, but I think the main thing is to make sure you focus on discussing the effect the language has on the audience - it's amazing how easy it is to forget to do this properly! I'd recommend reading past examiner's reports for English and seeing what they say about where people commonly go wrong in argument analysis :)

accountingpro

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 06:09:06 pm »
+1
Thought, I'd continue this. Seems good to keep a log of my thoughts lol.

Did my English Speech today: Still don't think I had the best topic; why "anti-vaxers" are dangerous and I don't think I practiced enough or spent enough time writing. Too my surprise I got 80% which I'm quite happy with. I need to start really buckling down on English from now. Especially it being always in the top 4.

I have an accounting sac tomorrow, honestly seems pretty easier. Won't be surprised if I miss something because I wasn't paying attention.

Also have a physics thermal presentation tomorrow, again quite easy. Then a physics test on Friday, I'll need to revise this one pretty hard as I've forgotten all the formulas and uses lol.

In Methods we're doing polynomials which is pretty fun and in spesh we're doing inverse functions which is pretty interesting and challenging.

Bus man test next monday, I think I'm pretty good for it but I have Wednesday and the weekend to revise. Just need to get awards and contracts under my belt.

All in all, pretty good start to the term, feeling really motivated and have been studying a lot more.

accountingpro

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 12:39:52 pm »

How’d the accounting SAC go?
What kind of stuff did you get on it??

It's 1/2 accounting so we were doing the balance sheet, income statement, statement of receipts and payments, etc. I think I did really well and all my calculations added up perfectly. There were little questions sprinkled throughout like "...Explain why a balance sheet is titled 'as of'" However I was pretty confident with all of them and am hoping for 100%!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 01:12:06 pm »
It's 1/2 accounting so we were doing the balance sheet, income statement, statement of receipts and payments, etc. I think I did really well and all my calculations added up perfectly. There were little questions sprinkled throughout like "...Explain why a balance sheet is titled 'as of'" However I was pretty confident with all of them and am hoping for 100%!

Great work! Hope you're happy with your mark when it comes back. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

accountingpro

• Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 03:07:47 pm »
Great work! Hope you're happy with your mark when it comes back. :)

From what the teacher has mentioned, I got around 96%. I'm skeptical this is him just nitpicking something as we do not get along very well.

accountingpro

• Trailblazer
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 12:34:09 pm »
+1
Alright got 95% on my accounting sac. Got 88% on our physics presentation which I did with 2 international Italian guys so it was a bit of a mess and it's only 50% of the area of study. We have a physics test tomorrow which I can do all the formulas pretty well but the theory especially with global warming and stuff is pretty confusing lol.

Second bus man sac tommorow, I've just been grinding practice sacs and apart from 1 or 2 things that I'm possibly unsure of I'm pretty good.

First job interview today as well. Yay!

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 03:57:43 pm »
First job interview today as well. Yay!
How do you think it went? I’ve spent the last couple of hours helping my brother apply for his first job haha
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

accountingpro

• Trailblazer
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 09:58:46 am »
+1
How do you think it went? I’ve spent the last couple of hours helping my brother apply for his first job haha

It's for a local winery for weekend work, turned out to be not much of an interview. Barely asked any questions before she told me when I start.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 02:19:36 pm »
Hahaha that’s the best sort of interview ;)
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

accountingpro

• Trailblazer
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 07:59:25 am »
Right, well did my business sac on Monday and not feeling to good over it. In written tests like that, even though I knew all the material I just get flustered righting it all down. It was really long and everyone said they had trouble on some parts, I'll probably get around 80 but won't be surprised to get in the 70's.

I got the highest on the physics test, good bragging material over one of my mates.
We did a little test in spesh, not part of the curriculum but it was sort of like the Olympiads. Some pretty challenging questions there.
We're also reading those Bombshells in English and the first one caught us all by surprise, some old lady getting it on. This will be fun to write about.

Also need to get a new phone, don't have one right now, does feel a bit relieving not having one but it sucks.

accountingpro

• Trailblazer
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 09:54:39 pm »
+2
Right haven't been here for a while.
Exams next week for 1/2s and then a bus man sac the Monday after which is a bit rough but whatever.

Doing operations management in bus man which is a bit more interesting than the other things, all about maximising productivity. Probably do pretty well here and I'm aiming to do better than I have been.

Highest in the physics matter test with 96%, pretty interesting topic I think. Test was short and most people found it easy just a few questions that could catch you out.
Fluffed a methods test. Still did alright but I only got 1 thing wrong however I was just being lazy and there was heaps to nitpick. Like I a fraction instead of a decimal. Gave a negative answer outside of the domain. Fair enough, good lesson I suppose.

Actually did well on my creative monologue, surprisingly. But going back to the kite runner is going to kill me for this exam. I just can't do text analysis right. Any tips?
Also thinking about going to those Melbourne Uni presentations next week regarding courses (Commerce) but it's during exams. Anyone been to a past one, worth going?