Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 01:43:40 pm

Author Topic: Winners Announced - March 2018 MOTM and POTM Awards  (Read 2417 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Winners Announced - March 2018 MOTM and POTM Awards
« on: March 28, 2018, 10:29:23 am »
+15
For those who don't know, each month we recognise the contributions of some of our most helpful forum members: one from Victoria, and one from New South Wales. Last year, we had an amazing group of members recognised:

Past winners.
PAST NSW WINNERS:
Spoiler
2017: kiwiberry (inaugural), rodero, sssona09, MisterNeo, Wales, dancing phalanges, Opengangs, fantasticbeasts3, blasonduo, Potatohater, Mada438.

PAST VIC WINNERS:
Spoiler
2017: Shadowxo (inaugural), Syndicate, cookiedream, Quantum44, zhen, VanillaRice, GalacticProcess, miniturtle, clarke54321, AngelWings, PhoenixxFire.

Those members above - and, of course, very many others (we can only give so many MotM awards!) made 2017 what it was. This year, we're continuing to recognise quality and meaningful contributions to the ATAR Notes community.

So - who wins the March awards? ;D

THE NSW WINNER FOR MARCH IS...
Spoiler
Our NSW winner for March is angewina_naguen. angewina_naguen joined ATAR Notes in late 2017, and made 19 really high-quality posts in March. They have been super helpful across the forums, demonstrated by posts such as this, this and this. angewina_naguen has also kept an active journey journal on the HSC Journey Journal board, which you can read at this link. Congrats on a fantastic month, angewina_naguen - looking forward to your contributions and continued positive presence in April and beyond! ;D

THE VIC WINNER FOR MARCH IS...
Spoiler
Our VIC winner for March is sarangiya. This gives us great pleasure, because sarangiya has actually been posting on ATAR Notes since 2014! This month, sarangiya has made 13 really fantastic posts across the forums - on the VCE Psych board and VCE Journey Journal board. You only need to look at contributions like this and this to see the impact sarangiya is having. Like angewina_naguen, sarangiya has also kept an active (and very enjoyable) journey journal, which you can read at this link. Well done, sarangiya!

Further to recognising our Members of the Month, we started a tradition in February of recognising great individual posting efforts. Here are just some of the outstanding contributions to ATAR Notes in March 2018.

POSTS OF THE MONTH: 🔥🔥🔥
Spoiler
- Amazing dedication from sudodds to mark Modern History essays whilst overseas
- Some more fantastic essay marking by dancing phalanges
- A 10/10 post from MOTM winner angewina_naguen
- theyam also getting in on the essay marking act - so good!
- The Art of Bullshitting by beatroot: a must-read for any HSC Visual Arts students
- A big shout-out to insanipi, K888, zofromuxo and Orb for sharing their university experiences
- Another ripper post by angewina_naguen
- secretly_a_poet chipping in with some great advice on study methods
- Truly a brilliant first post by Sashsan1 in the HSC Subject Reviews thread
- TuteSmart tutor brady_price sharing his top tips for Further Maths
- ... and then going on to do the same for Global Politics!
- NowYouTseMe getting in on the HSC Legal Studies marking - legend!
- Aaron proving really valuable insight on the Masters of Teaching
- And to finish, another subject review as a first post - this time by mzhao for VCE Algorithmics

Well done to all of our MOTM and POTM winners for March. As you can see, it's been another fantastic month for ATAR Notes. ;D

Updated honour board below.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 11:29:48 am by Joseph41 »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Re: Winners Announced - March 2018 MOTM and POTM Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 11:25:09 am »
+4
WHOOOO Congrats to you both!!  ;D 8)
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

prickles

• Forum Obsessive
  • Goals are just dreams with deadlines
  • Respect: +268
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 11:48:23 am »
+5
Yess...have noticed you both around lots in the last month! Very well deserved ;D

sarangiya

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 好きこそものの上手なれ ☆ What one likes, one will do well
  • Respect: +383
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 09:12:22 am »
+8
Oh wow!!!! I only just noticed thanks to the amazing ATARNotes newsletter!! What an honour. Thank you so much. Can't express how much I love ATARNotes and can't wait to make better contributions going forward.
Thanks everyone!
Sometimes you make choices, and sometimes choices make you.

♡ Subjects ♡
2015: Japanese SL [42]
2016: Psychology [43] Philosophy [36] Japanese SL [50] [Premier's Award]
2017: UMEP Further Advanced Japanese [4.5]
2018: Methods [24] English Language [41] Chemistry [31] Psychology [41] Cert III in Allied Health Assistance [4.3]
ATAR: 97.45
2019-2024: Bachelor of Medical Science/Doctor of Medicine @ UNSW

Sarangiya's 사랑하는 VCE Journal
Is Repeating a VCE Subject Worth It?

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 09:15:54 am »
+3
Oh wow!!!! I only just noticed thanks to the amazing ATARNotes newsletter!! What an honour. Thank you so much. Can't express how much I love ATARNotes and can't wait to make better contributions going forward.
Thanks everyone!

Sorry - we've been a bit slow on the profile updates. Enjoy your new shiny custom title! ;D

Glad you like the weekly newsletter, by the way. Keen to hear any feedback if you have it. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 12:07:30 am »
+9
I'm laughing all to myself because I only just discovered this today  ;D I am very lagging with technology as you can tell  :-[ This is such an honour and I'm very glad to see how far I've come since joining this amazing forum all the way back in my late Prelim days. I'm super grateful to this day and hope to continue being a part of this community  8)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 12:09:35 am by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music