Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:13:49 am

Author Topic: Starting unit 2 psych, is it hard?  (Read 1189 times)  Share 

moonchild

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +29
Starting unit 2 psych, is it hard?
« on: June 16, 2019, 09:11:01 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have decided to pick up psych in unit 2, but i was wondering if it's difficult? I heard theres a lot of terminology/definitions that we need to know.
I also sort of nervous about doing psych because i'm not sure what to expect T_T I would really appreciate some advice!

Thank you

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Starting unit 2 psych, is it hard?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 05:40:12 pm »
+4
I have decided to pick up psych in unit 2, but i was wondering if it's difficult?
Personally, I found Psych U2 to be alright, but a lot of the study design has changed since I did it (2012).

I heard theres a lot of terminology/definitions that we need to know.
It takes a little bit of work and experience to get used to the terminology (although I don’t think it’s overwhelming) and it might feel like quite a bit to begin with, however, over time you get used to it and much of it you’ll realise you can relate to yourself, which makes things a bit easier.

I also sort of nervous about doing psych because i'm not sure what to expect T_T I would really appreciate some advice!
I can recommend that you read PhoenixxFire’s VCE subject review for Psych U1/2 for an idea. Checking out the study design might also help.

If there’s anything I can recommend you learn beforehand, as you would’ve missed it, it would be the research methods section of Psych U1. (This has remained although changed slightly since I did it.) This carries over across all the psych units, although more prominently in U3/4, and it’d be good to know as a foundation. If you have the textbook handy, you can take a peek at the appropriate chapter(s) for research methods prior to starting U2 to get a feel of what Psych’ll be like.

Hope that helps! :)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 05:58:19 pm »

dashnog

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 10:24:47 pm »
Unit 2, no. Quite simple stuff. Just look over research methods and you should be golden. They won’t mention much stuff from unit 1 really besides research methods.
Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Scholar's Program) at Monash (2021-2023)

ATAR: 94.XX
2019: VCE Biology & VCE Psychology
2020: VCE Extended Investigation, Chemistry, Music Performance, Methods, Literature

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 12:18:17 pm »
Unit 2, no. Quite simple stuff. Just look over research methods and you should be golden. They won’t mention much stuff from unit 1 really besides research methods.

Thank you!