Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:54:20 am

Author Topic: Rate your VCE exams out of 10!  (Read 9279 times)

S_Fiadz

• Adventurer
Re: Rate your VCE exams out of 10!
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2020, 06:59:37 pm »
I doubt many people would have finished, it was a pretty long exam. You did well (:
I answered everything except one part of one questions (how the social model reduced death rates for malaria/tuberculosis, completely blanked). As to how well I answered the questions I'd say not so great but I tried my best to answer everything
I agree– was expecting Ottawa Charter 100% and was also expecting to evaluate an Indigenous health initiative

Well done! You did more than me I left a couple out unfortunately I just couldn’t do it in time. That was my first 3/4 just glad it’s over and it was definitely a learning lesson

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2020, 09:11:05 pm »
Well done! You did more than me I left a couple out unfortunately I just couldn’t do it in time. That was my first 3/4 just glad it’s over and it was definitely a learning lesson
If you're not happy with how you did, remember learning IS partly what you do 3/4's early for! I did HHD last year, and while my score was... less than stellar... I learnt a lot about how to approach year 12 (and what not to do!) from doing it. :D Even though I probably would've got a better score had I done it this year instead, I'm glad I did it early to get the experience. Hope your exam was a better one this year than that horrid one last year! :)
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 09:49:10 pm »

English: 6.5/10
Bio: 6/10

Further (part 1): 10/10
Further ( part 2): 8:10 (didn't finish  :( )

Methods (part 1): 4/10
Methods (part 2): 2/10

Chem: -
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2020, 10:00:31 pm »
Will add to this after my others finish!

English: 8/10
Art: 7/10
SPEC 1: 6/10
SPEC 2: 7/10

dedformed

• Trendsetter
  • Don't be upsetti. Eat some spaghetti.
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2020, 05:37:06 am »
Biology 5/10

I know I'm a little late to the party but I was thinking over it properly.

This exam felt like they put zero effort in the making of it - the questions were really bland and I felt like it was very focussed on content rather than problem solving an analytical skills. Also that 5 marker... what were they thinking? I guess it's meant to make people nervous but it seemed like someone had done their homework the night before.

I'm not saying it was easy, just the quality of the questions was really poor. I would say some of the practice company papers were more stimulating than that exam. To me it seemed easier than many past years' exams, so I'm wondered they're going to set stringent benchmarks to cut off the As
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 05:39:17 am by dedformed »
Lying in a Hammock at William Duffy's Farm in Pine Island, Minnesota
VCE 2021 - ATAR 98.85
my vce journal!

offering tutoring for English Language 3&4;)

AR1472

• Forum Regular
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2020, 03:14:37 pm »
Psych: 5/10. Honestly this started off as at least an 8 because apart from the ERQ (which Ik is hard to get high marks on) and like 3 mcq, i thought it was fine. but the more i see the answers people have been giving... welp
Eng Lang: 7/10. The SAQ was better than I thought it would be, the AC was so good but the essay stumped me. Overall it was better than i thought it would go, although worse than a few of my practices

an update:
Chem: 9/10. As someone who literally cannot do chem I did decent

talic

• Adventurer
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2020, 12:32:14 am »
1. Psych 7/10 - i didn't find it too bad?? but also idc about psych and screwed up classical conditioning which is a little awkward because that was something I thought i'd 5/5.... however I hated this subject so thank god I'm done!
2. Further 7.5/10 - overall I'm pretty happy - definitely dropped a few marks but this will likely be in bottom two anyway
3. Literature 7/10 - Section A prompt was trash and didn't to the best with Section B due to time and stress.... I'm just happy never have to analyse anything from a Marxist theory again.
4. Global 7/10 - had this one today,,, I was dux and even though everyone found it easy i screwed up,,, but not too badly? idk aiming for an 80% minimum on this exam compared to my 95% in trial exam (rip). But because everyone else found it easy, maybe the average will be 80 and I'll be stuffed,,,, praying for a 40 tho still
5. Chinese SL - this one soon, but as a non-background student/am in it to learn the language rather than do it for the grade, I'll be happy if i finish and understand 60% of the listening. not really studying for it - most likely bottom two with maths

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2020, 04:11:22 pm »
Texts and Traditions - 10/10.
Felt like despite a weird question that needed knowledge of a literary technique I'd never heard of, it was a good exam. (It has three sections, one three 10-markers of which you pick two and another compulsory 10-marker; one essay; one exegesis (analysis of a passage of the set text, which for me was Luke, with reference to five bolded words/phrases you must refer to).) The 10-markers were decent (except the weird question). The essay I did (out of three questions, write one) was the exact topic I'd predicted and thus studied for (don't recommend this, though, a bit chancy!). The exegesis was the same passage and almost the same bolded words as one we'd done for a SAC. Very convenient.
And besides, 'twas the last exam, so I would give it at least 9/10 just for that. :D
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.