Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:53:00 pm

Author Topic: PD from Selective school Exams 2020  (Read 4335 times)  Share 

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: PD from Selective school Exams 2020
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 06:33:06 pm »
HOW DID U GET MAC ROB WITH A PD FOR NOSSAL?!! I GOT FIRST ROUND OFFER TO NOSSAL AND A PD FOR MHS.
lol yeh i got into macrob w a pd for nossal...
why the caps tho lmao...?

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 06:38:24 pm »
lol yeh i got into macrob w a pd for nossal...
why the caps tho lmao...?
^^^^^^ whoops sorry m.yara184 i didnt read ur question properly...i honestly have no idea how i got into macrob; cuz ik that macrob is apparently better than nossal... lol idk

blackcocoa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 06:52:37 pm »
HOW DID U GET MAC ROB WITH A PD FOR NOSSAL?!! I GOT FIRST ROUND OFFER TO NOSSAL AND A PD FOR MHS.

1. She received a PD offer and submitted it
2. While the PD applications being assessed, there were places made available in 2nd round for macrob and Nossal.
3. She made macrob in the 2nd round (most likely Nossal as well) and since macrob was her higher preference, that's what was offered to her.

Quite reasonable? 

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2019, 06:58:45 pm »
1. She received a PD offer and submitted it
2. While the PD applications being assessed, there were places made available in 2nd round for macrob and Nossal.
3. She made macrob in the 2nd round (most likely Nossal as well) and since macrob was her higher preference, that's what was offered to her.

Quite reasonable?
haha i didnt get a second round offer to nossal :( macrob was my lower preference... im so confused rn because i dont understand how i got into macrob... one of my friends got into nossal via second round offers and she did get into any other school in the first round. but i got into suzzane cory first round but only got a pd for nossal... idk how this whole thing works tbh  ??? ;D 

blackcocoa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2019, 07:07:44 pm »
haha i didnt get a second round offer to nossal :( macrob was my lower preference... im so confused rn because i dont understand how i got into macrob... one of my friends got into nossal via second round offers and she did get into any other school in the first round. but i got into suzzane cory first round but only got a pd for nossal... idk how this whole thing works tbh  ??? ;D

I know that when there are two or more offers for you, you only receive one - the higher preference one, and you would have no knowledge of other offers you were entitled to.

So you are saying you only got a lower preference offer, and it was macrob. Interesting. More girls put Nossal ahead of macrob? Or more available places for girls at macrob? I dont know.

I think I got it: As you did not make macrob / Nossal straightaway (in first round), so it depended on how many openings in 2nd round for each school. There were less 2nd round Nossal places for girls than macrob, and you made macrob but not Nossal in this circumstance. You are still likely to get an offer through Nossal's PD. You may still have the options.

For the first round offers, macrob's cutoff is likely to be higher than Nossal. But for late offers, it all depends on how many openings per gender.     
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 07:22:51 pm by blackcocoa »

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 07:10:24 pm »
I know that when there are two or more offers for you, you only receive one - the higher preference one, and you would have no knowledge of other offers you were entitled to.

So you are saying you only got a lower preference offer, and it was macrob. Interesting. More girls put Nossal ahead of macrob? Or more available places for girls at macrob? I dont know.
yes thats right. macrob is pretty far for me as well

ilikepositivity

• Adventurer
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2019, 09:43:50 am »
5% rule is based on the size of your school's Yr8 cohort, not how many of them sat the exam.

Mine is a small school..total Yr 8 strength is only 30 :-).

Maximal

• Adventurer
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2019, 12:15:40 pm »
Hi has anyone received interview letter from Nossal yet?

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2019, 02:27:51 pm »
Hi has anyone received interview letter from Nossal yet?
no not yet :(