Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 11:05:45 am

Author Topic: Is it still possible to score a 40+ study score??  (Read 1582 times)  Share 

TheIllusion

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
Is it still possible to score a 40+ study score??
« on: March 16, 2019, 03:43:39 pm »
Hello AN,
I have recently just completed two of my SAC's for English and Revolutions. As of now, I have only recieved marks for English (22/30), and have a vague expectation of a B+ to a low A in my Revolutions SAC, as I feel as if I did not perform as well under the strict time conditions. I was wondering if it is still possible to score a high 30's to mid 40s study score despite stuffing up my first SAC's.
Thanks. 
2019: English 3/4, Further Mathematics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, Revolutions 3/4, Software Development 3/4

2020: ?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Is it still possible to score a 40+ study score??
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 04:18:18 pm »
+1
Hello AN,
I have recently just completed two of my SAC's for English and Revolutions. As of now, I have only recieved marks for English (22/30), and have a vague expectation of a B+ to a low A in my Revolutions SAC, as I feel as if I did not perform as well under the strict time conditions. I was wondering if it is still possible to score a high 30's to mid 40s study score despite stuffing up my first SAC's.
Thanks. 
yeah still possible, the first sacs are only worth a certain percentage of your study score and you have the ability to make it up. You can do this by performing well in any other sacs to improve your ranking in the cohort and also doing very well on the exam.

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 04:47:29 pm »
yeah still possible, the first sacs are only worth a certain percentage of your study score and you have the ability to make it up. You can do this by performing well in any other sacs to improve your ranking in the cohort and also doing very well on the exam.

just cause u stuff up one SAC doesn't mean that u have a shitty study score.....does it?????
for me a shitty study score is less than 40 btw
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 05:27:48 pm by RXFRA19 »
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

TheIllusion

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 05:12:27 pm »
Unfortunatley, as I attend to a school with an achademically weak cohort, I actually managed to somehow achieve rank 1 in English.
2019: English 3/4, Further Mathematics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, Revolutions 3/4, Software Development 3/4

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 05:33:31 pm »
+5
Unfortunatley, as I attend to a school with an achademically weak cohort, I actually managed to somehow achieve rank 1 in English.
This is great! Rank 1 means you are not affected by the performance of the rest of your cohort.
Also this means that, if you do well in the exam, you can quite literally get a 50 as your SAC performance will rise to meet your exam performance.

just cause u stuff up one SAC doesn't mean that u have a shitty study score.....does it?????
No.

for me a shitty study score is less than 40 btw
This is an unhealthy mindset to have. The mean study score is 30.
Please be mindful that not everyone on the forums may have your apparent level of knowledge and subject prowess.

2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 05:36:18 pm »
+3
then you are more than fine - you have no reason to worry about sac marks then if you are rank 1 (and maintain it). However, you would need to also do well on the exam.  As I don't know how harsh/easy your teachers mark I wouldn't be able to gauge you are already in that sort of range or need to improve.

TheIllusion

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 09:45:30 pm »
then you are more than fine - you have no reason to worry about sac marks then if you are rank 1 (and maintain it). However, you would need to also do well on the exam.  As I don't know how harsh/easy your teachers mark I wouldn't be able to gauge you are already in that sort of range or need to improve.
Our supervising English teacher used to be a former VCAA English examiner so I would assume the SAC scores (cross marked by supervising teacher) to be reasonably accurate.