Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:10:14 am

Author Topic: BIO SAC - A quick question on study score  (Read 1221 times)  Share 

atar beta

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
BIO SAC - A quick question on study score
« on: March 10, 2019, 06:14:56 pm »
 Hi,
I am a year 11 undertaking a Bio 3/4 in 2019. We did our first sac the other day and got the result back.
I got a 30.5/37 which became 20/25 due to score adjusting (i believe its called, the teacher hasn't really explained it)
Anyway averagely the cohort scored around 17 to 18.3.

I though I did good on the SAC (expected high 80s or low 90s) but hey, humans cant change what has happened; we can only improve.
I am being ambitious and aiming for around a 45 study score. Is it still possible to reach it despite this dodgy start

I will admit, I am new to this VCE stuff since I am from overseas so I haven't really put much research into study scores and etc.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: BIO SAC - A quick question on study score
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 06:23:45 pm »
+3
Definitely still possible. Your mark on the SAC doesn't really matter, what matters is your rank. You've said you've done better than the majority of your cohort and that's the part that matters. The rank you need to get a study score of 45+ will vary depending on what school you go to, and obviously your score will also vary depending on how well you go in the exam. I doubt your result is as bad as you think it is (keeping in mind that the actual mark doesn't matter), but even if it was, it's still possible to get a 45+ score. This guide explains how SAC ranking works if you want to read a bit more about it.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

atar beta

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: BIO SAC - A quick question on study score
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 06:31:53 pm »
If that the case then i got more time to reach the upper echelons of my cohort.
Thanks for the help mate, really cleared my mind