Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 10:19:46 pm

Author Topic: English and placing it as a 5th or 6th subject  (Read 769 times)  Share 

KidwaiMaaz001

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
English and placing it as a 5th or 6th subject
« on: March 07, 2019, 07:54:36 pm »
Can your chosen English subject(s) be placed as your 5th or 6th subject such that they contribute only 10% of the attained study score? I'd like to maximise my aggregate contribution through my maths and science subjects.

Furthermore, does VCAA automatically reorder your subjects so that your aggregate is maximised? Let's say that I placed English VCE as my 5th subject but in the end my aggregate would've been higher if English had been my 1st/2nd/3rd/4th subject. Does VCAA reorganise to procure the best case scenario for every student?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:43:28 pm by KidwaiMaaz001 »

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: English and placing it as a 5th or 6th subject
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 08:00:12 pm »
+4
Can English your chosen English subject(s) be placed as your 5th or 6th subject such that they contribute only 10% of the attained study score? I'd like to maximis my aggregate contribution through my maths and science subjects.

Furthermore, does VCAA automatically reorder your subjects so that your aggregate is maximised? Let's say that I placed English VCE as my 5th subject but in the end my aggregate would've been higher if English had been my 1st/2nd/3rd/4th subject. Does VCAA reorganise to procure the best case scenario for every student?

Thank you.
an English subject must be in your top 4 regardless of how high you score on your other subjects.

The only way English can be a 5th or 6th subject contributing 10% to your ATAR is if someone had completed in addition to English either Literature and/or English Language and at least one of those subjects was in the top 4.

The way VCAA does the aggregate is that they take your top 3 subjects (+ the English requirement) and then 10% of your next two highest subjects.

You never have to nominate your subjects as 1st/2nd/3rd etc VCAA will give you the highest aggregate when including at least 1 English in the top 4.