Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 07:52:21 pm

Author Topic: Retaining information.  (Read 1074 times)  Share 

Kaan709

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Retaining information.
« on: February 07, 2017, 09:38:58 am »
What's the best method of retaining information for Biology. Is there something I can do on a daily basis?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Retaining information.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 09:46:59 am »
+2
What's the best method of retaining information for Biology. Is there something I can do on a daily basis?

Hey Kaan! You might want to give this article a read; it's all about smart studying. You might also want a few ideas, here is a list of 18 ways to study! Truth is, there is no BEST way, just what works well for you. That said, practice makes perfect! Whatever method(s) you choose make sure you are constantly practicing with questions/tests to see if the knowledge has sunk in, and to consolidate what you've learned :)

stephanieazzopardi

• HSC Lecturer
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +51
Re: Retaining information.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 01:02:44 pm »
+3

Hi there,

I studied Biology at HSC level and still continue to do so at Uni because it's simply awesome, so I'll shed some light on this topic.

Biology can be really overwhelming at times because there is just so much information to retain. So what I like to do is ensure that I revise the class content constantly throughout the year, which I do by making a key terms/glossary/definitions table for each of the topics. This ensures that I understand the key features of each topic before I forget about them or get overwhelmed by them!

I hope this helps :)
ATAR: 95.70
Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology) @ University of Sydney