Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 04:49:23 am

Author Topic: Am i able to get a 45+ in PE with my current sac marks?  (Read 5458 times)  Share 

YehNahBro

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Am i able to get a 45+ in PE with my current sac marks?
« on: June 15, 2019, 11:13:10 pm »
Hello all! This is my first post!
I am trying to achieve a 45+ in PE but my sac score is looking a lil rocky. Anyways, my teacher like many other PE teachers around the state has split the AOS into two sacs. So for the first AOS 1 (Biomech and feedback), i was ranked top 3 and then for the second SAC i obtained a B+ and the average was also B+. This is pretty concerning from what i've seen on some atarnote forums but do you reckon i am still eligible to get a 45+ SS? My teacher has also told me that i'm still above average. Also, i am currently in a very strong cohort with my school ranking top 3 in the state, which will hopefully boost my sac scores. Anyways, thanks for the help in advance.  :)

smamsmo22

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +34
Re: Am i able to get a 45+ in PE with my current sac marks?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 11:44:09 pm »
+5
Like any "what study score can I get with these marks" question, it's hard to give you a confident response because it really depends on how you cohort compares to the rest of the state and most importantly, how you go on the exam.
This being said, if you're ranked relatively high in a very strong cohort, then - given your high ranking classmates perform well - there's no reason why you can't get a high study score.
As I mentioned, the exam really is so much more important than any of your sac marks during the year; my PE cohort rankings changed after the exam and people who didn't have the highest SAC marks but did really well on the exam got the higher study scores in the end (including study scores above 45).
Being in a supposedly strong cohort, with an above average ranking, I'd say if you nail your exam question-answering technique you've got as good a chance as any to get a study score above 45 (: Definitely don't let a poor SAC mark or too bother you too much; I promise you (at least from my experiences) they will barely matter in the end.
Good luck! I'm definitely not a wiz study score predictor (and the whole modulation system still confuses me) but hopefully this offers you some insight (and encouragement!!)
2018 - VCE - ATAR: 99.75 [English, Chemistry, Methods, French, PE, Bio]
2019 - Monash

brothanathan

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 12:14:11 am »
+1
Remember VCE is a team sport. I'll say this again it is a team sport. Please don't be selfish and work with your teammates.

YehNahBro

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 01:51:04 am »
Like any "what study score can I get with these marks" question, it's hard to give you a confident response because it really depends on how you cohort compares to the rest of the state and most importantly, how you go on the exam.
This being said, if you're ranked relatively high in a very strong cohort, then - given your high ranking classmates perform well - there's no reason why you can't get a high study score.
As I mentioned, the exam really is so much more important than any of your sac marks during the year; my PE cohort rankings changed after the exam and people who didn't have the highest SAC marks but did really well on the exam got the higher study scores in the end (including study scores above 45).
Being in a supposedly strong cohort, with an above average ranking, I'd say if you nail your exam question-answering technique you've got as good a chance as any to get a study score above 45 (: Definitely don't let a poor SAC mark or too bother you too much; I promise you (at least from my experiences) they will barely matter in the end.
Good luck! I'm definitely not a wiz study score predictor (and the whole modulation system still confuses me) but hopefully this offers you some insight (and encouragement!!)

Thanks so much for the reply. Really appreciate the feedback and knowledge!

YehNahBro

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 01:51:35 am »
Remember VCE is a team sport. I'll say this again it is a team sport. Please don't be selfish and work with your teammates.

Thank you