Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 10:56:04 pm

Author Topic: How I got a 50 in PE  (Read 5407 times)  Share 

sunsetly

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +6
How I got a 50 in PE
« on: January 29, 2018, 05:22:07 pm »
+14
I did not use study groups, mind maps or frequent feedback from my teacher to achieve a 50 in PE. There's plenty of ways to do well, so I thought I'd share mine :)

Practise questions and exams - No doubt this was what helped me the most. I did every question I could get my hands on and did 12 exams in the week or two leading up the the final exam. In PE, you have to learn to say exactly what the question is looking for, so practise makes perfect.

Make proper use of practise exams - I always reflected on why and how I got a question wrong. I was very thorough in this process, and in the weeks leading up to the exam kept a list of errors I'd made and things to revise. Most of the time, the concepts in PE were pretty straight forward, so I didn't feel the need to consult my teacher very often, however it's always a good idea to get help if you're unsure about a concept.

Make study fun - We're all a bit lazy sometimes, and I wasn't feeling motivated to study before the final exam, so I made the studying fun. For each item on my 'error' list I made an infographic about it. I made a total of 90 in the weeks before the exam, and I found it quite a relaxing task that I could do all day from the comfort of my bed ;)

Don't stress about SACs, but still learn your content thoroughly - I never achieved the highest scores in my class, and in one SAC I got 14/20 (although my school is harsh). BUT having done well in my SACs throughout the year and knowing my content inside out meant that by the time the final exam came round, all I had to do was refine my answering technique and brush up on a few areas. I invested my time early on in learning the content so it stuck in my long term memory.

Overall, I found that as long as I did well throughout the year, it didn't feel like a very taxing subject because it didn't need to be practised everyday (ie. language, math).  I hadn't started studying for PE until a few weeks before the exam, but I studied smart. By the time the exam came around, I knew the content back to front, but more importantly, I knew how to get the marks. Also, I didn't do Units 1 & 2.

Good luck to everyone this year with the new study design! Happy to answer any questions  :)
2017: Physical Education  [50]
2018: Psychology [48], English [47], Further [47], Health [45], Indonesian SL

ATAR: 99.55

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: How I got a 50 in PE
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 01:04:38 pm »
+1
Great thread. Thanks for this, and congratulations on your incredible achievement. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

skrt skrt

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 08:56:43 pm »
+1
Thanks for the guide, but i was just wondering what resources you bought for PE and did you use the workbook the comes with the PE textbook.
2017-further math~[42]

sunsetly

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 07:50:37 am »
Thanks for the guide, but i was just wondering what resources you bought for PE and did you use the workbook the comes with the PE textbook.

We had a workbook that I sometimes used for practise questions before SACs and before the exam. Other than that, I used all the workbooks and materials we got in class and completed every practise question I was given. For the final exam, I had a total of 14 practise exams available to me, some of them sourced by my school and others VCAA.
2017: Physical Education  [50]
2018: Psychology [48], English [47], Further [47], Health [45], Indonesian SL

ATAR: 99.55