Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:51:51 am

Author Topic: What subject do I swap busman for?  (Read 1093 times)  Share 

Katherinet123

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
What subject do I swap busman for?
« on: July 20, 2019, 10:40:25 pm »
Hi everyone,  ;D

I am in year 11 and am currently doing bio 3/4, chem, methods, further, english language, and busman.

However, I no longer want to do busman because I find it really unenjoyable so therefore need to think of a new subject I can replace it with. I was originally planning on doing extended investigation in year 12 as it is offered as a 3/4 only however there's often not enough people who sign up for the class for it to actually run so i need a backup subject i can change into now if that makes sense??   :-\ 

Please give me some info on what subjects you would recommend as i really want something that is interesting and that i can hopefully perform well in without to much difficult!!

there is also the option to stick witch the subject if i really can't find anything else better as I do pretty well in busman however I'm not sure what its like in year 12 and feel like if i don't enjoy it i will suffer  :-\ :-\ :-\
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 10:45:06 pm by Katherinet123 »

brothanathan

Re: What subject do I swap busman for?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 11:50:05 pm »
+1
Ummm Global Politics, HHD?

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 07:26:49 am »

Remy33

• Forum Regular
  • I don't like food, I love it.
  • Respect: +53
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 11:31:52 am »
+2
Hi Katherine, I relate to finding busman 1/2 unenjoyable ;) going off what brothanathan said, at the start of the year I swapped from busman to global politics 3/4 (without doing glopol 1/2) and I'm really happy with my decision. I reckon glopol is really interesting and as a lot of the stuff you study are stuff you can learn yourself from watching the news, I wouldn't say it's an overly difficult subject. Also plenty of people do glopol without 1/2.

Also, I think there's a bit of a misconception about what subjects you can and cannot do without 1/2 -- I jumped into 3/4 without doing 1/2 for five of my six subjects, including all three LOTEs which isn't recommended at all, but I don't think I'm at any disadvantage.

So I think you should just pick whatever you think you enjoy without worrying too much whether not doing 1/2 will be detrimental.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 11:36:24 am by Remy33 »
<  VCE  2018 – 2019  >
Portuguese  42  |   Russian  35  |  Chinese  36  |  English  50   |  Global Politics  46  |  Methods  41
99.40 ATAR

<  Monash  2020 – 2023   >
B Global Studies  Int'l Relations  |  B Commerce  Economics 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 05:18:10 pm »
+1
Really depends a lot on your interests, I think! What subjects are you currently considering?

P.S. You may also wish to check out some of our VCE subject reviews to get a better idea of what certain subjects are like. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.