Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:38:02 am

Author Topic: UoM General Chat  (Read 4767321 times)  Share 

acrimony

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +13
Re: UoM General Chat
« Reply #450 on: February 20, 2012, 07:55:44 pm »
Remember, this is not high school. Back when I had orientation I eventually got sick of following a bunch of ppl around in a crowd, and after seeing someone light up a smoke right in front of my group host I realised "oh right, freedom" and walked away and did my own thing.

That made me laugh, so true.

jinny1

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • .carpe diem
  • Respect: +105
  • School: Melbourne Dental School
« Reply #451 on: February 20, 2012, 08:17:34 pm »
Ugh, so many first years tomorrow :(

haha you guys call us JAFFYS :P
:D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D                               

mikee65

« Reply #452 on: February 21, 2012, 11:54:58 am »
Remember, this is not high school. Back when I had orientation I eventually got sick of following a bunch of ppl around in a crowd, and after seeing someone light up a smoke right in front of my group host I realised "oh right, freedom" and walked away and did my own thing.

That made me laugh, so true.

I think I lasted about 10 minutes before leaving mine!

jinny1

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • .carpe diem
« Reply #453 on: February 21, 2012, 09:03:07 pm »
well today was.....pointless -.-

acrimony

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #454 on: February 21, 2012, 09:09:10 pm »

I disagree, today was pretty cool. Making friends, going around campus and the freebies, these three things is what "orientation" is all about for mine, tommorow is the more formal subject orientation. Btw, I'm not Asian, now give me all your free stuff :D

liuetenant

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #455 on: February 21, 2012, 09:13:16 pm »
i AM asian. and gimme all your free stuff :D

OFFICEWORKs!!! i <3 you!!
2010: TNT (39)
2011: English (42) | Bio (39) | Chem (35) | Jap (35) | Methods (36)|

ATAR: 95.50 ( i actually got my prediction! :D)

acrimony

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #456 on: February 21, 2012, 09:20:41 pm »
+1
i AM asian. and gimme all your free stuff :D

OFFICEWORKs!!! i <3 you!!

What was in the officeworks bag? The line was massive.

jinny1

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • .carpe diem
« Reply #457 on: February 21, 2012, 09:27:42 pm »

I disagree, today was pretty cool. Making friends, going around campus and the freebies, these three things is what "orientation" is all about for mine, tommorow is the more formal subject orientation. Btw, I'm not Asian, now give me all your free stuff :D

hahah all i got was a notepad :P you still want that??? too much effort lining up and signing forms to get freebies for me :/

acrimony

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #458 on: February 21, 2012, 09:49:53 pm »
This might be inappropriate and judgemental, but I was expecting much more Asians and 'nerds,' as my friends desrcibe the UoM. I was surprised to see a lot of mini dresses, fake tans and flirtatious women. Every time  I saw a pretty girl I would immediately question their intelligence ( I know I'm coming across as a sexist).

In conclusion, I know think I'll enjoy uni, WAH WAH WEE WAH *Borat voice*

jinny1

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • .carpe diem
« Reply #459 on: February 21, 2012, 09:51:37 pm »
Way too many cake faces there >< I know some that came don't even go to UoM, they just came for the free stuff lol :P

hmm flirtatious women you sayy....  towards you??
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:58:01 pm by jinny1 »

acrimony

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #460 on: February 21, 2012, 10:03:54 pm »
Way too many cake faces there >< I know some that came don't even go to UoM, they just came for the free stuff lol :P

Ahhh Jinny, one day I'll teach you the tricks of the trade ;) I probably saw it as flirtatious because I come from an all boys school, or maybe most girls are naturally... oh nevermind

jinny1

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • .carpe diem
« Reply #461 on: February 21, 2012, 10:12:34 pm »

Ahhh Jinny, one day I'll teach you the tricks of the trade ;) I probably saw it as flirtatious because I come from an all boys school, or maybe most girls are naturally... oh nevermind

lol looking forward to it mate :) although i did spend most of my day with two rather pretty looking girls :P i understand how i simple "hi" may look flirtatious to you coming from an all boys school ;) Certainly wouldn't mind if the unimelb girls are open to a bit of 'mingling' :P

Panicmode

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +46
  • School: De La Salle College Malvern
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #462 on: February 21, 2012, 10:16:33 pm »
It wasn't just you, there were quite a few girls readily flirting.

Also, uni is shaping up to be sick. Anyone else get the free fired rice? And the pizza in the architecture building? (it was soooo delicious and the fact that it was free made it all the more better)
2012 Biomedicine @ UoM

jinny1

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • .carpe diem
« Reply #463 on: February 21, 2012, 10:21:56 pm »
It wasn't just you, there were quite a few girls readily flirting.

Also, uni is shaping up to be sick. Anyone else get the free fired rice? And the pizza in the architecture building? (it was soooo delicious and the fact that it was free made it all the more better)

where'd you get the 'fired' rice??? sounds hot

acrimony

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #464 on: February 21, 2012, 10:27:00 pm »

lol looking forward to it mate :) although i did spend most of my day with two rather pretty looking girls :P i understand how i simple "hi" may look flirtatious to you coming from an all boys school ;) Certainly wouldn't mind if the unimelb girls are open to a bit of 'mingling' :P

Haha yeah, I have to get it through my head that not every girl who says hi 'likes' you. What do you guys reckon the percentage of male and female in a Science course is? In my group there where around 4 males and 16 females.