Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:12:43 am

Author Topic: Studying for IPT Exams  (Read 7656 times)  Share 

dermite

• Trendsetter
  • You are just like everyone else, unique.
  • Respect: +2
Studying for IPT Exams
« on: March 09, 2018, 08:34:37 pm »
Hi There!

I'm a current Yr12 student doing IPT, and I would like some tips as to how some past students studied for the subject.
What methods did you use to prepare for exams (such as half-yearlies and trials)
Did you find yourself having to memorise a lot of content?

Any additional information will be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance!
HSC 2018
English Advanced  
Maths Extension 1
Physics
Chemistry
Information Processes and Technology
Goal : 93 ATAR

NowYouTseMe

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +16
Re: Studying for IPT Exams
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 04:53:38 pm »
+1
Sorry if this is a bit too late but it might be useful anyway,
so I did accelerated IPT two years ago in year 10 and got a band 6 in it and what I found to be incredibly useful was getting all the syllabus headings and memorising all the associated subheadings, definitions and course specifications(literally quote them word for word) so I knew what information to put in my short answers. That method assumes that you already know everything there is to know to enough detail to answer a response, as well as allows you to write everything there is to write in your answers to get full marks. Also, get hold of every single paper there is and just do them; the syllabus has barely changed since 2001 so you have around 17 years of Catholic, HSC, Independent and Trial papers; you'll never run out of papers to do.

IPT is pure memorisation and I wouldn't wish this subject on anyone, but you picked it so you might find it more interesting than I did so yeah good luck
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:00:09 pm by NowYouTseMe »
HSC 2016
Information Processes and Technology: 90

HSC 2018
Advanced English: 95 | Extension 1 English: 47 | Extension 2 English: 42 | Legal Studies: 95 | Modern History: 94 | French Continuers: 84 | Mathematics Advanced: 89

LAT 2018: 88 (90th Percentile)

ATAR: 98.05

annelee

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Studying for IPT Exams
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 04:41:42 pm »
+1
Sorry if this is late as well, but it might be useful later
I did IPT accelerated as well and got a band 6
What i did was handwrite all my notes (cbs i know) but it helped me understand everything. then i did past papers (hsc and trials) to prepare for the exam
I barely memorised anything since doing past papers pretty much helps you understand
good luck !