Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:56:50 am

Author Topic: UAC Question Thread  (Read 109230 times)  Share 

moq418

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
Re: UAC Question Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2018, 10:16:18 am »
what to do if you did not get the e12 usyd but you got uts early offer unconditional but you want uysd??????

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2018, 10:45:24 am »
+1
what to do if you did not get the e12 usyd but you got uts early offer unconditional but you want uysd??????
Hey moq418!

Accept the UTS offer and then remove it from your preference list, and place your Usyd offer at the top of the preference list. I believe there are still a few more rounds to go for SRS.

It may because your E12 offer is conditional so you will need a minimum ATAR to be competitive for a place.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2018, 11:12:26 am »
Not sure anyone will know the answer to this - Will I get an offer on Dec 20 or in January? Was looking at the UAC website and it said that NSW students are included in the December offers.
Quote from: UAC
December Round 2 offers will be made to Year 12 students whose results are available in time for inclusion, primarily NSW HSC and ACT Year 12 students.
I'm assuming this is referring to when results are available to UAC (as opposed to when they're available to students). Does anyone know if they'll have VCE results by then or if I'll have to wait to Jan?
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2018, 03:09:35 pm »
+1
Just to confirm- I received an early offer from The University of Sydney which I accepted. I'd like to be considered for the same course at a different university. I've reordered my preferences so that my preferred university is #1 and Sydney is #2. Is this okay, or do I need to take Sydney off my preferences entirely?
Universities make offers by preference. So for each candidate, they will offer the highest eligible course on the preference list. If you aren't accepted for your first preference, then Sydney University will offer you a place since that is your highest eligible preference.

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2018, 04:54:06 pm »
If you got the UNSW AAA Scholarship, does that mean you got the highest ATAR at your school?
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2018, 04:56:16 pm »
If you got the UNSW AAA Scholarship, does that mean you got the highest ATAR at your school?
Basically yep.

(It's equivalent to the scholarship awarded to the school dux, but UNSW knows that some schools don't use the ATAR for that)

Laura Kate

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2018, 06:22:44 pm »
Hi everyone, I want to do occupational therapy at SYD but I got an atar of 90. The course requirement says "92 Indicative" so should I keep SYD as my first preference or take it off and go for the next option which requires 88?

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2018, 06:26:08 pm »
+1
Hi everyone, I want to do occupational therapy at SYD but I got an atar of 90. The course requirement says "92 Indicative" so should I keep SYD as my first preference or take it off and go for the next option which requires 88?
Leave it there! You still have a chance at getting it, if you take it off you're definitely not going to get in. Put the other course as your second preference though so you'll get that instead if you miss out on SYD

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2018, 06:29:02 pm »
+4
Not sure anyone will know the answer to this - Will I get an offer on Dec 20 or in January? Was looking at the UAC website and it said that NSW students are included in the December offers.I'm assuming this is referring to when results are available to UAC (as opposed to when they're available to students). Does anyone know if they'll have VCE results by then or if I'll have to wait to Jan?

Hey! I'm not totally sure about this one actually, but I would imagine (since your results are now out) that VCE students are also included! There's no reason they can't be sent to UAC on the same day as the students :)

Hey! Welcome to the forums! Definitely keep USYD as first. If you qualify for it, you'll get it, otherwise you'll get your second preference anyway ;D remember to check back in subsequent offer rounds in case you don't get it initially but you do get it later! :)

Seanclair

• Adventurer
  • "I can, and I will"
  • Respect: +55
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2018, 04:48:57 pm »
hey I know this is a super easy question but I just want to triple check to be sure before tomorrow. my ATAR was just below the cut off for my first preference - but im keeping as first preference to hope for an offer. if I don't get an offer for my first preference in the upcoming December round however, will I automatically get an offer for my second preference - which I made the guaranteed ATAR for? :)
HSC 2018:
English Advanced
Studies of Religion 2
Ancient History
History Extension
Legal Studies
Geography

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2018, 04:50:01 pm »
hey I know this is a super easy question but I just want to triple check to be sure before tomorrow. my ATAR was just below the cut off for my first preference - but im keeping as first preference to hope for an offer. if I don't get an offer for my first preference in the upcoming December round however, will I automatically get an offer for my second preference - which I made the guaranteed ATAR for? :)
Yep! All your preferences will be considered and you'll be given an offer for the highest preference who wants you.

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2018, 04:53:58 pm »
Hey guys,

A few months ago I accepted an early offer to Macquarie Uni. Since UNSW is listed 1st on my UAC preferences, would I still be able to accept the offer from UNSW? I was going to defer from Macquarie Uni if I meet the ATAR cut-off for UNSW but is it better to do it now or after the offers come out?
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2018, 05:05:39 pm »
Hey guys,

A few months ago I accepted an early offer to Macquarie Uni. Since UNSW is listed 1st on my UAC preferences, would I still be able to accept the offer from UNSW? I was going to defer from Macquarie Uni if I meet the ATAR cut-off for UNSW but is it better to do it now or after the offers come out?
Yes - Basically if you get an offer from UNSW later on (which I assume you prefer, given it's 1st on your preferences), you can always tell MQ that you don't want your early offer there anymore. So you can leave UNSW as #1 and accept an offer there when it comes.

MonicaHoswell

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2018, 09:54:41 am »

Similarly, I got 90 but needed 93 to get my SRS offer for Law at ANU. Without SRS the ATAR was 98. Adjustment factors do not really apply (only 5, which doesn’t help me). Should I keep it as first preference. It is my dream course. If I keep it as first, will it negatively impact my chance of getting my second preference if I am not accepted for the first preference?

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2018, 09:56:18 am »
Similarly, I got 90 but needed 93 to get my SRS offer for Law at ANU. Without SRS the ATAR was 98. Adjustment factors do not really apply (only 5, which doesn’t help me). Should I keep it as first preference. It is my dream course. If I keep it as first, will it negatively impact my chance of getting my second preference if I am not accepted for the first preference?
If you don't get your first preference, UAC defaults to check if you can get your second preference without doing anything. Therefore yes, your dream degree should always be your first preference.