Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 07:16:03 am

Author Topic: Teacher's not crossmarking  (Read 1318 times)  Share 

greengardens

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Teacher's not crossmarking
« on: May 25, 2017, 04:31:33 pm »
+1
The two English Language classes at my school recently had our second SAC, although the teachers of the two classes dislike each other and thus never talk to each other and didn't cross-mark our sacs, but they told us they did. The other class' SACs were marked out of 25 and ours were marked out of 20. Additionally, the other class' were marked much more generously than ours, with the highest score in our class being 85%, yet their class had many people scoring in the 90s. We're worried this is going to stuff up the rankings, as  similar thing happened on the last sac. Any suggestions on what we could do to solve this? Can we take it to VCAA?

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Teacher's not crossmarking
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 04:35:15 pm »
+2
Take it to the Head of English (or equivalent, such as a VCE coordinator). Discuss your concerns. I personally would not escalate it to VCAA unless you've exhausted all other options internally. Moderation is compulsory for VCE subjects (if more than 1 class of the same subject is run, with different teachers) and usually is drilled into teachers very early on.... so I'd definitely raise it with someone in a leadership role at the school.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:38:10 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Teacher's not crossmarking
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 04:55:38 pm »
Take it to the Head of English (or equivalent, such as a VCE coordinator). Discuss your concerns. I personally would not escalate it to VCAA unless you've exhausted all other options internally. Moderation is compulsory for VCE subjects (if more than 1 class of the same subject is run, with different teachers) and usually is drilled into teachers very early on.... so I'd definitely raise it with someone in a leadership role at the school.

Yep - definitely agree with this post. :)

That sucks, though - sorry you have to deal with that situation, greengardens. And welcome to ATAR Notes! ;D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.