Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:45:35 pm

Author Topic: Share Your HSC Results and ATAR Here!  (Read 13571 times)

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
Re: Share Your HSC Results and ATAR Here!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 11:20:15 am »
Just gonna dump my marks in the right spot :)

Mathematics - 98
Modern History - 88

Does anyone know when the top achievers list and other merit lists are released?

Might be wrong on this one but I was told 12pm today. :)
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions

horse9996

• Trendsetter
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 11:23:32 am »
What about the hsc ninja honour roll?
HSC 2018
Advanced English (88) | Maths Ext 1(47) | Chemistry (88) | Earth & Environmental Science (94 - 5th in state) | Geography (89)

ATAR 98.2

Caleb Campion

• Forum Regular
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 12:06:35 pm »
I woke every hour last night in nervousness!! I can't believe results are here - But I'm so happy the hard work paid off!

Economics: 89 (the only mark I'm a little disappointed with, So close to a band 6!)
English Advanced: 91 (SO PLEASED! My least favourite subject all year, and after months of anger with creative writing it all paid off!)
Legal Studies: 93 (My strongest subject, and favourite. So happy with this mark)
Maths Ext 2: 86 (Thought I would get around here, it fell a little bit since I had to focus more on english coming up to the exams, but still super excited with this result)
Maths Extension 1: 92! (CANNOT BELIEVE IT. I studied this subject endlessly all year, but I thought I completely stuffed up the exam, can't believe I got well into the band 6!)

Overall, very very pleased. Hoping for 97 + atar, but will be happy with anything above 95. Great job to everyone else who did HSC in 2018, the exams were hard this year!

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 12:28:59 pm »
Have to echo Susie's sentiments guys - I haven't been asked about my results at all this year. Instead, everyone is far more focussed on sorting out their future! If you got lower marks then expected, you can still get into your course but if you're uncertain definitely don't rule out gap years if you need even to work. And remember that uni is not the only option either, sometimes I wish I was good enough with my hands to have been a tradie and done an apprenticeship because it's great money! The point is - your marks won't define you today and certainly not for the rest of your life :)
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 01:00:04 pm »
Just got 6th in the state for Business Studies!!

Honestly lost for words omg, guess the hard work does really pay off ;D
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2018, 01:02:25 pm »
Distinguished achievers list: https://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/11-12/hsc/results-certificates/merit-lists/distinguished-achievers

Absolutely phenomenal result! Congrats! You should be so proud of your achievements! You deserve it.

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2018, 03:26:42 pm »
Again just wanted to say my congratulations to the class of 2018- you guys did AMAZING and I am so proud of every single one of you! I'm especially so happy to see fantastic results for Society & Culture and Visual Arts (aka the important subjects of the HSC ahahah- clearly biased here lol)

Just going off what Susie and dancing phalanges have said- if you are disappointed with your marks, it's fine to feel disappointed! We've all been there. But at the end of the day- they're just numbers. They're just marks. They don't define you at all and to put it bluntly- no one gives a shit about your HSC marks and ATAR at university. The hype and the marks conversation will only happen for like one to two weeks- then once the holidays finish, everyone seems to forget about them. HSC marks who?? I don't know her...

I've only been asked about my marks and my ATAR at university once or twice- but that's because I've been caught scrolling through AN during lectures and workshops ahahah.

Good luck with ATARs tomorrow !!
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2018, 03:41:08 pm »

CONGRATS!! I knew you'd pull off something phenomenal after all the help you gave me this year :')!
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

david.wang28

• MOTM: MAR 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Always do everything equanimously
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2018, 05:18:25 pm »
First set of 2018 HSC results (I do 3+3 model, 3 subjects in the first year and 3 in the other year)
English Advanced: 77/100 (I really don't know how I got 77, my internals were around 55%)
Business Studies: 80/100 (Was expecting 87, but a lot of the students dragged me down)
2 unit maths: 85/100 (Was hoping for a Band 6, but I'll take it)
3 unit maths: 35/50 (I thought I would get around 30, but I performed better than I thought I would)

Overall, I'm dissatisfied with the results (I knew I could've done better), but I performed better than I expected.
I'll be posting my other results next year!
Selection rank: 95.25

2020-2024: Bachelor of engineering and computer science @ UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2018, 06:34:35 pm »
Amazing work everyone, so proud of you all for achieving your goals! And if you are a little disappointed, as Susie and others have said that is totally okay - In a years time (probably less), you won't care. Regardless, be proud of finishing - You've done so so well! ;D

kensie08

• Adventurer
  • 2018 HSC
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2018, 08:16:16 pm »
Here are my results, I am so happily surprised!

English Advanced: 95
English Ext 1: 48
English Ext 2: 39
General Maths: 100 - 14th in state
Ancient History: 98 - 10th in state
Ext History: 50 - 2nd in state
Biology: 91

Honestly I am over the moon with these marks, I can’t even believe it! Especially my history results - shoutout to Susie and your ancient study notes  :)

Well done everyone!!
2018 HSC:
General Mathematics 100 (14th in state) | Biology 91 | Advanced English 95 | Extension 1 English 48 | Extension 2 English 39 | Ancient History 98 (10th in state) | History Extension 50 (2nd in state) |

ATAR: 99.65

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 10:06:10 pm »
Here are my results, I am so happily surprised!

English Advanced: 95
English Ext 1: 48
English Ext 2: 39
General Maths: 100 - 14th in state
Ancient History: 98 - 10th in state
Ext History: 50 - 2nd in state
Biology: 91

Honestly I am over the moon with these marks, I can’t even believe it! Especially my history results - shoutout to Susie and your ancient study notes  :)

Well done everyone!!
LEGENDARY! So happy to hear that you found the notes useful <3 That's truely a phenomenal set of marks - 100% in history extension like what?! Is that even possible (also just casually getting full marks in 2 subjects no biggie)?!! Well done, I hope you give yourself a long, well deserved break!! :) Good luck for tomorrow (not that you need it!)

FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 08:37:24 am »
I got an atar of 75.20. Which is a bit lower than expected given my results in the 80s but i suppose scaling hurt for some reason. All in all i am happy with that!  ;D
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 09:21:03 am »
I've shared my results but here it is (in the correct thread):

English Advanced: 92
History Extension: 48 (honestly though, I was kinda surprised because I never received this mark in internals lmao)
Mathematics:78 (this is legitimately a miracle considering how I failed in math and the exam was a nightmare)
Modern History: 92
Physics: 73 (again, not very confident in physics so I'm not complaining here- it's not gonna count to my ATAR anyway :/)
SOR: 42

I'm very surprised overall because I thought I was gonna fail (which was why I didn't do a prediction because marks always made me stressed).

But yeah, congrats to everyone else :D

I got an ATAR of 93.60. I also checked my UNSW personalised website and got a Guaranteed Entry to aerospace engineering :) (as long as I don't change my preferences)
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

charlottemchenry

• Forum Regular
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2018, 09:31:59 am »
Math Adv - 89
Legal - 92
Biology - 89
Chemistry - 83
SOR - 45
English Std - 88

ATAR Estimate - 92-96

Super happy overall but those two 89s and 88 are irritating.

Anyway hope everyone’s happy with their results and all their hard work!

Ended up getting 93.95 which I’m super happy with :)
HSC 2018 - Standard English [88] || Mathematics [89] || Biology [89] || Chemistry [83] || Legal Studies [92] || Studies of Religion 1 [45]

Atar:

UTS 2019 - Bachelor of Advanced Science (Infection and Immunity) and Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation