Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:05:00 am

Author Topic: Elective suggestion  (Read 2469 times)  Share 

Gwdjr

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Elective suggestion
« on: March 18, 2019, 11:57:23 pm »
Hey, anyone know any electives with like no exams and or relatively easy exams? For a higher gpa / wam.
Cheers

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Elective suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 12:13:02 am »
Hey, anyone know any electives with like no exams and or relatively easy exams? For a higher gpa / wam.
Cheers
what are your interests? For most people finding a subject that you actually like is probably the easiest ways to answer this question.

Gwdjr

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 12:30:30 am »
what are your interests? For most people finding a subject that you actually like is probably the easiest ways to answer this question.

So basically try not to inc arts lmao, but math/commerce are good

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 10:22:42 am »
So basically try not to inc arts lmao, but math/commerce are good

If you can do it, do BFC3540 - lots of in-semester assessments but only 40% exam. I'd also recommend ECC2000 as the only pre-req is ECC1000

EDIT: From what I've heard MTH2132 is also pretty good if you're a maths person, though you need to be in your second year to do it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:35:44 am by Springyboy »

LifeisaConstantStruggle

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +104
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 12:42:47 pm »
Might need more information about what degree(s) you're doing now, and what units have you done to make any recommendations.
You've mentioned that maths/commerce is good, and well the chances of getting maths/commerce units without exams are very rare.
If you're in your first year I would suggest refraining from electives (do the required units first), and do them in later years to boost your WAM, plus there are higher chances that you might have completed the prereqs for the units you wanna do.
2018-2020: Bachelor of Actuarial Science (+ Econometrics), Monash
2021: Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), Econometrics & Financial Mathematics, Monash
2022-2023: Work and some soul-searching

Gwdjr

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 02:20:45 pm »
Might need more information about what degree(s) you're doing now, and what units have you done to make any recommendations.
You've mentioned that maths/commerce is good, and well the chances of getting maths/commerce units without exams are very rare.
If you're in your first year I would suggest refraining from electives (do the required units first), and do them in later years to boost your WAM, plus there are higher chances that you might have completed the prereqs for the units you wanna do.

Doing science first year currently, units are chem 1 bio 1 sci1020 and mkb1700 intro to marketing, sem 2 - chem 2 bio 2 and need 2 more units, one science and one elective. I was thinking of intro to management for the elective and SCI1200, need suggestions tho,
Cheers :)

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 03:36:56 pm »
Doing science first year currently, units are chem 1 bio 1 sci1020 and mkb1700 intro to marketing, sem 2 - chem 2 bio 2 and need 2 more units, one science and one elective. I was thinking of intro to management for the elective and SCI1200, need suggestions tho,
Cheers :)
BIO1022 will mean that you can't do SCI1200, unfortunately (see prohibitions). ASP1022 has been rated quite highly with a 40% exam, while EAE1022 or BIO1042 might also be options as well (despite the 50% exams in both).
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread