Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:47:11 pm

Author Topic: Should I take Chemistry Tutoring or is it not needed?  (Read 4930 times)  Share 

SweatyAsian#1

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Should I take Chemistry Tutoring or is it not needed?
« on: July 29, 2021, 10:07:07 am »
Hi there,

Just a quick question if you guys think taking Chemistry tutoring is necessary for the HSC or just staying on top of homework + getting ahead of the work is good enough? I already do tutoring for Math and Physics so I don't really want to be reliant on tutoring anymore/invest more time & money into it.
If you have any personal experience/inspiration advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

M909

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +48
Re: Should I take Chemistry Tutoring or is it not needed?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 11:48:17 am »
Probably depends on your exact aims, but in my experience it's not really necessary to get a tutor unless you're really struggling and actually need the extra help.

In my experience with my VCE maths/science subjects (which is hopefully similar enough to HSC?) asking my teachers for help when needed and just working hard in general was enough to do pretty well and get a 98+ ATAR. Overall, I only had a few tutoring sessions for English and it will still my lowest individual score. On the other hand there were people at my school who were getting tutoring for every subjects who didn't even break the 90 ATAR mark - Definitely not saying that's the be-all-end-all as ATAR doesn't really matter after 1 year of uni or define you as a person, but just highlighting that getting tutoring for every subject for the sake of it doesn't really mean you're guaranteed to get an amazing ATAR.

Good luck with it all!
VCE, 2015-2016
BCom (Econ) @ UniMelb, 2017-2019
MCEng (Elec) @ UniMelb, 2020-?

FloraD

• Adventurer
  • You've got this!!!
  • Respect: 0
Re: Should I take Chemistry Tutoring or is it not needed?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 05:16:43 pm »
For anyone else in a similar situation, I would say that if your school teachers are helpful, maximise their help, but if  they are not so confident in their own teaching, or you feel you are not understanding then I definitely recommend getting tuition.