Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:54:47 pm

Author Topic: YR11 JMSS 2020 ENTRY DISCUSSION  (Read 11223 times)  Share 

justinely

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
YR11 JMSS 2020 ENTRY DISCUSSION
« on: June 23, 2019, 04:41:25 pm »
+1
Hi guys! On May 25th i did the jmss entry test for Year 11 in 2020. Who else did it, and how did you go?? I'm also wondering if anybody has heard anything from jmss yet? On the email it said that we will get an email in June about whether we made it to the interviews stage or not, and it's now nearly the end of June. Replies would be appreciated! :)
'21
English 50 | FM 43
ATAR: 97+

turtlesforeveryone

• Trendsetter
  • Class of 2021
  • Respect: +19
Re: YR11 JMSS 2020 ENTRY DISCUSSION
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 05:32:55 pm »
+1
Hi! I also sat the JMSS entrance exam for Year 11 this year. It was a nice experience and a bit more comfortable than when I sat the entrance exam as a Year 9 student last year, because there were less people and I managed to get along with a couple of new faces.

I think I went well enough and I was able to complete all of the exams without much fuss. Personally, the science knowledge test was a bit harder for me because I wasn't taught year 10 science yet (at my school, it is an elective and my class commences in semester 2). The science communication task was also a bit difficult at first because I struggled to pick my topic. However, once I started writing, everything followed smoothly and I even had time left to draw a diagram!

What stood out to me the most was how I stayed behind to pack up all the tables and chairs (yes, even when everyone else left), and a teacher took notice of me and asked for my name :D

And yes, I have not heard from JMSS yet. Perhaps in the coming week?

justinely

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 05:39:41 pm »
+1
Hi! I also sat the JMSS entrance exam for Year 11 this year. It was a nice experience and a bit more comfortable than when I sat the entrance exam as a Year 9 student last year, because there were less people and I managed to get along with a couple of new faces.

I think I went well enough and I was able to complete all of the exams without much fuss. Personally, the science knowledge test was a bit harder for me because I wasn't taught year 10 science yet (at my school, it is an elective and my class commences in semester 2). The science communication task was also a bit difficult at first because I struggled to pick my topic. However, once I started writing, everything followed smoothly and I even had time left to draw a diagram!

What stood out to me the most was how I stayed behind to pack up all the tables and chairs (yes, even when everyone else left), and a teacher took notice of me and asked for my name :D

And yes, I have not heard from JMSS yet. Perhaps in the coming week?

Oh that's great! I agree, i found it much more comfortable than last year's haha. But i'm the opposite from you because i found the science knowledge test the easiest! I think the hardest was probably the science reasoning or one of the maths ones. But overall, I think i went pretty well too :)

Congrats on getting noticed by a teacher lol, that's fantastic. Yup, hopefully jmss will send out the email soon!!
'21
English 50 | FM 43

justinely

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 09:11:32 pm »
+1
Has anybody heard anything yet?
'21
English 50 | FM 43

adgh124

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 01:45:17 pm »
+1
No not yet. has anyone else ?

justinely

• Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 04:02:11 pm »
+1
Omg guys, the jmss emails are out!!!! I got an interview omg im so scared but glad. Mine's on 18th July 4:15pm. Anybody else?
'21
English 50 | FM 43

IOVOI

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 07:34:34 pm »
Yeah! I have also been accepted into the interview stage. My interview is on july 18th at 3:30! I’m super nervous because last year I didn’t even make it to the interviews, anyone know what it's like?

justine__

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 10:01:56 pm »
Yeah! I have also been accepted into the interview stage. My interview is on july 18th at 3:30! I’m super nervous because last year I didn’t even make it to the interviews, anyone know what it's like?

Oh nice! I made it to the interview stage last year, but I’m not sure if it will run the same way (with group activities etc). And I’m also so scared!!

adgh124

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 10:14:50 pm »
Omg guys, the jmss emails are out!!!! I got an interview omg im so scared but glad. Mine's on 18th July 4:15pm. Anybody else?

My interview is at the same time as your's too!!

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 03:04:42 pm »
Last year I didn't make it to interviews either.

justinely

• Trailblazer
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 07:33:26 am »
Yeah last year i made it to the interviews and it went for 45mins including many group activities and a 1 on 1 interview with a staff member. I was super nervous, so i will try to stay calmer and try better this time :) Good luck everyone!
'21
English 50 | FM 43

IOVOI

• Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2019, 08:14:05 pm »
I did my interview a few hours ago and have decided to leave a few notes for the people doing the interview next year. No group activities or quick math test for year 11 entry. Just a survey asking if you did accelerated subject during year 10 and an actual interview. I had a 2on1 interview but saw some others had a 1on1 interview. The interview was very straightforward other than one question asking what i would do if i was a city planner (I had no idea what to say) good luck to everyone who had an interview!

Also does anyone know when we will receive an admission confirmation/denial email?

Josh190

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 09:52:32 pm »
Hi I’m Currently studying for the EBSS as I didn’t make it into jmms  :'( do you remember what was on the science reasoning test as apparently it is the exact same.

Thanks

justinely

• Trailblazer
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2019, 10:30:22 am »
I did my interview a few hours ago and have decided to leave a few notes for the people doing the interview next year. No group activities or quick math test for year 11 entry. Just a survey asking if you did accelerated subject during year 10 and an actual interview. I had a 2on1 interview but saw some others had a 1on1 interview. The interview was very straightforward other than one question asking what i would do if i was a city planner (I had no idea what to say) good luck to everyone who had an interview!

Also does anyone know when we will receive an admission confirmation/denial email?

I had a 2on2 interview too! I went on the jmss website and it says that we will receive an email about it during the last week of July,, just under 2 weeks to gooooo. It's so nerve-wracking haha, but good luck everybody, fingers crossed.
'21
English 50 | FM 43

huhhhh

• Adventurer
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 03:42:15 pm »
Where did you read that it would come out in the last week of July?