Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:10:26 am

Author Topic: SEAS for NSW student  (Read 1629 times)  Share 

EpicMan72

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
SEAS for NSW student
« on: September 23, 2021, 05:06:11 pm »
Hi! I am a student from NSW and just wanted to ask if I am eligible to apply for SEAS and specifically how much Tax Benefit Part A do my parents have to receive for it to be considered? Thanks in advance!

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: SEAS for NSW student
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 05:50:44 pm »
+1
Welcome to AN, EpicMan72!

1. I think you are eligible, as long as you can show proof of your disadvantage. VTAC should be able to link everything up. (All students, no matter which state, are eligible for SEAS, as far as I know.)
2. The figure of how much FTB-A has never been published, as far as I know. However, I’d advise that if you receive any whatsoever, which I assume your parents do, apply for the financial disadvantage category anyway just in case. In my mind, it’s better to apply and not receive it than to not apply and miss out! VTAC can decide whether it’s enough to satisfy their criteria for financial disadvantage. That goes for all SEAS categories, including Category 1 (personal information causing disadvantage), which I recommend everyone select “yes” for regardless of disadvantage because you never know when you’ll need it.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

EpicMan72

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 06:07:11 pm »
Welcome to AN, EpicMan72!

1. I think you are eligible, as long as you can show proof of your disadvantage. VTAC should be able to link everything up. (All students, no matter which state, are eligible for SEAS, as far as I know.)
2. The figure of how much FTB-A has never been published, as far as I know. However, I’d advise that if you receive any whatsoever, which I assume your parents do, apply for the financial disadvantage category anyway just in case. In my mind, it’s better to apply and not receive it than to not apply and miss out! VTAC can decide whether it’s enough to satisfy their criteria for financial disadvantage. That goes for all SEAS categories, including Category 1 (personal information causing disadvantage), which I recommend everyone select “yes” for regardless of disadvantage because you never know when you’ll need it.

Hi! Thanks for your reply! I just wanted to also ask if I need to include an impact statement and/or a supporting statement?

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 09:53:13 am »
+1
I think you are eligible, as long as you can show proof of your disadvantage. VTAC should be able to link everything up. (All students, no matter which state, are eligible for SEAS, as far as I know.)
Just double checked this. As long as you’re an Aus/NZ citizen, Aus permanent resident or eligible visa holder, you’re good to apply for SEAS.

Hi! Thanks for your reply! I just wanted to also ask if I need to include an impact statement and/or a supporting statement?
For Category 2 only? I am not 100% sure but I think if you can’t prove it via Centrelink letter and/or the institute(s) you’re applying to need it (list here), yes. If you have a Centrelink letter and the institute(s) you’re applying to don’t need it, no. But double check that, because I’m not sure and wouldn’t want to give the wrong info. If you’re not able to get an answer, then I’d complete it as a “just in case”.

If you’re applying for other categories, e.g. category 4 (difficult circumstances like COVID education disadvantage), then you’d absolutely need to do an impact statement and support statement.

There’s more info and what to do with all categories of SEAS here.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread