Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:00:36 pm

Author Topic: How much should I study a night  (Read 1397 times)  Share 

S_L1003

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
How much should I study a night
« on: September 11, 2021, 04:47:00 pm »
sorry if I didn't put this in the right place

I'm in year 12 this year and I'm studying chem, physics, math methods, English and French - Normally, I study from 330 to 8pm with an hour break and then a few minutes here and there. I have dinner at 8pm, then relax with my family, but I watched some videos online that suggest studying for 6 hours, taking small breaks and having dinner, but studying after dinner until 12am. I feel in these last weeks of year 12 maybe I should do that too and study after dinner as well, but I don't want to burn out and I really enjoy just relaxing after dinner. So, I'm just not sure what to do, on one hand I really enjoy what I'm doing now, and on the other I don't want to miss out on a few extra ATAR points just because I couldn't push a bit harder in these last weeks.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 07:11:49 pm by S_L1003 »

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
Re: How much should I study a night
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 09:17:57 pm »
+1
From memory in year 12 it should be like 3-4 hours a night, taking 5-10 minute breaks every 45 minutes. But those hours should be spent doing MEANINGFUL work and involve notes and stuff. One of my 3/4 teachers reccomend 30 minutes of HW a night per subject, then spend rest of study time doing specific study ie notes abd exam questions.
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.