Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:31:10 pm

Author Topic: chem or HHD?!  (Read 1388 times)  Share 

HEYBESITEEE

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
chem or HHD?!
« on: September 07, 2021, 11:30:54 pm »
HIII, im in year 11 rn and I'm doing chem at the moment but I'm doing pretty bad, like failing all my tests (20-40%) and since its a prerequisite that's why I'm doing it, tbh I don't think ill need it so should I drop chem for HHd, HHD seems more fun and something I can do well in. Plz i need help :))

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
Re: chem or HHD?!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 09:36:48 am »
+1
HIII, im in year 11 rn and I'm doing chem at the moment but I'm doing pretty bad, like failing all my tests (20-40%) and since its a prerequisite that's why I'm doing it, tbh I don't think ill need it so should I drop chem for HHd, HHD seems more fun and something I can do well in. Plz i need help :))

Hey there, I completed HHD in 2020 so I might be able to help you out a little. When deciding between subjects you should consider prerequisites– if you’re considering studying medicine or science-related degrees Chemistry is usually required, so double check whether you definitiely require it for a future course.
HHD is pretty fun, I really enjoyed it and am considering studying public health/human geography in uni because I loved HHD so much. I found that while it is a content-heavy subject, the information isn’t extremely complicated and has real-life applications.
I would say study what you feel like you will enjoy studying but do keep any prereqs in mind!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 03:02:44 pm by blueycan »

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 12:19:49 pm »
Not doing HHD but doing Chem!
Went into the 1/2 feeling really positive, that drained quickly and I hate chem more than any subject. However I heard the 3/4 is much better as it has more problem solving things but it is a content heavy subject... so be aware. Scales like 5 I think so thats nice but I could be wrong.
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

HEYBESITEEE

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 07:39:08 pm »
RE mabajas76: yess i agree its really draining and went complicated really fast, I wouldn't say I'm good at problem solving :(

RE blueycan: thanks that was helpful, do you think I need 1/2 for 3/4??

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 07:59:04 pm »
+1
RE blueycan: thanks that was helpful, do you think I need 1/2 for 3/4??
In my opinion, you don't. I know a lot of people at my school who picked up 3/4 without 1/2 and did pretty well. The concepts covered in 1/2 aren't too relevant to 3/4 except some main definitions, but with a little bit of study you'll be able to pick it up easy.