Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 08:43:07 pm

Author Topic: English- Module C  (Read 1293 times)

tloos1999

• Trailblazer
  • Kid from the West with an Academic Dream
  • Respect: +6
English- Module C
« on: October 10, 2017, 02:49:39 pm »
Afternoon, I have a question. I am doing the book of Brooklyn for module C, and after using the film Lion in the trial, I was unhappy with the mark and on that same token, unhappy with the RELATED TEXT that I chose. With this in mind, I have decided to use Distant Lands (Winton)- I recall Elysse used this as well in her HSC. My question is, with Both Brooklyn and Distant Lands being texts, can you lose marks by using your texts as both novels? I have been told in school always try to use a related text of a different media, but I was wondering if I will be at disadvantage using both Brooklyn and Distant Lands in my exam.

Regards
Thomas Loos

Savas_P

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
Re: English- Module C
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 03:29:16 pm »
You never lose marks, you might just not get as many. The syllabus says to explore genres/media so I would try to find a different movie or something because it will probably make it easier for yourself.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: English- Module C
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 08:07:34 pm »
Basically, if you can get a nice variety of techniques using two texts of the same form, you can use two texts of the same form! It is just using two texts of different forms makes it a little easier to get that variety! :)