Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 03:11:57 am

Author Topic: Legal Studies: Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions  (Read 4152 times)

Caleb Campion

• Forum Regular
Re: Legal Studies: Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2018, 04:43:06 pm »
which option did you choose for workplace? I did (a) and discussed discrimination & safety

Yeah so I chose the changing values question, and talked about leave, safety and termination of employment. And just kept talking about whilst there were changing ethical standards established in _________ and __________ cases, and was reflected in the law _____________   , the article _____________   and the case ___________ reveal that these standards are not being substantiated into the achievement of real justice, and many flaws and gaps in the common law/legislation still allow many issues in this area to prevail etc.

henrychapman

• Forum Regular
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 09:18:51 pm »
I know I'm a little late into this discussion but in the midst of the complaints about some of the other exams from some of my friends (namely bio and 2U maths) I think we must acknowledge that the legal exam was VERY FAIR and certainly if you had adequate content prepared then there would've been no problems answering every section confidently.
Multis: probably the hardest section of this exam to be honest - defs a few I thought long and hard about
Shorts: first two were a gift, separation of powers is a pretty common theme in regards to the protection of human rights so was pretty solid and then the media/NGO question was quite straightforward because you could link the content as your HR contemporary issue and then had the examples part ticked off also
Crime Essay: I was super surprised when I messaged people from other schools and some of them had no idea what discretion was. It was lucky for my school because discretion was the half yearly crime essay and despite not paying close attention to it prior to the exam i more or less remembered my structure and evidence so was happy with that
My options are family and world order (pretty common ones) and the questions were lovely
Who doesn't love a family law reform essay I mean basically everything in the course is law reform and linking it to changing societal values was a nice cheeky add on but not too difficult to interweave.
World Order I thought the changing ethical standards question was interesting, however I went with the compliance/non compliance essay because its easy to relate that to state sovereignty and over world order mechanisms and basically underlies the central issue with it.
Overall, I thought the exam was very fair.
I'd be interested in your thoughts so feel free to comment !
HSC 2018
English Advanced: 90
Economics: 92
Legal Studies: 92
Modern History: 91
Studies of Religion II: 88
History Extension: 41
ATAR: 96.60

2019: B. Commerce/Laws @ UNSW
I offer tutoring in those top 4 subjects above, at a very reasonable price. Have numerous resources as well. Send me a message for more info :)

LochNess Monster

• Forum Regular
  • I speak Chinglish!
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 09:23:44 pm »
Same! I was quite surprised as all of the questions had come up before (or VERY similar) in my half-yearlies and Trials.

I thought it was quite a "stock-standard" essay...if that's a thing?

Not sure how well I did, but glad I got a lot of legislation into both my family and crime essays!   ;D
ATAR: 89.55
⸜( ˙ ˘ ˙)/ ・゚☆✧ Sometimes wrong numbers are the right numbers ~ Cecelia Ahern

☽ “But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.” - Yeats

henrychapman

• Forum Regular
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2018, 07:12:55 pm »
Paper is up: http://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/wcm/connect/0926248d-0656-4a9b-8ce9-19c49656d8ae/2018-hsc-legal-studies.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE-0926248d-0656-4a9b-8ce9-19c49656d8ae-mqEfS4r

So I'd love solutions if Jamon or Elise had some free time :P

To that end, do we have correct multiple choice answers (like was the case with the business paper?)
HSC 2018
English Advanced: 90
Economics: 92
Legal Studies: 92
Modern History: 91
Studies of Religion II: 88
History Extension: 41
ATAR: 96.60

2019: B. Commerce/Laws @ UNSW
I offer tutoring in those top 4 subjects above, at a very reasonable price. Have numerous resources as well. Send me a message for more info :)