Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:44:28 am

Author Topic: how do you start the exam?  (Read 1921 times)  Share 

hard

how do you start the exam?
« on: September 18, 2008, 08:57:53 pm »
I mean i just did a practice exam two days ago and i finished at like two seconds within the time frame. I was like wow because i write fast, but redeable, and i expected to finish at least 5 minutes before stoppage time.
I start from the beginning and work my way to the end however as i do more practice exams i'm going to try approach the exam from back to front so i don't miss out on important 10-12 markers.

So how do you tackle the exam, or will tackle the exam and what questions are you going to do first?

xox.happy1.xox

Re: how do you start the exam?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:05:09 pm »
I would always tackle the exam with the big 10 to 12 mark questions first. I mean, it doesn't really matter if you run out of time and miss a mere 1 mark question. And if you know that you responded excellently to all other questions, a few 1 mark questions don't really count for much in the end, do they? Although essentially, the 1 mark questions are usually the easiest. :)

hard

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:10:51 pm »
ye that's true so that's my aim, tackle the big ones and then go back

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 09:17:26 pm »
And you might even develop some knowledge, to which you can use on on those question that aren't worth many marks, from completing those lengthy questions to an excellent standard.

legaltutor

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 03:55:09 pm »
the danger with starting on a 10 marker is that you are expected to write proportionately mroe than a shorter question. This means you will only start the rest of the exam behind your allocated schedule and it will be difficult to make up the time.

hard

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 04:55:37 pm »
the danger with starting on a 10 marker is that you are expected to write proportionately mroe than a shorter question. This means you will only start the rest of the exam behind your allocated schedule and it will be difficult to make up the time.

good advice, thanx

sick muzza

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 07:27:29 pm »
i wouldnt start with the 10 marker, cos theres always a posibility of losing quite a few marks there, remember the average for it is about 4 i think, and by going over you may miss the one markers that make a bigger difference. if you stick to 2 minutes a mark there shouldnt be an issue though.

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 09:05:43 pm »
i wouldnt start with the 10 marker, cos theres always a posibility of losing quite a few marks there, remember the average for it is about 4 i think, and by going over you may miss the one markers that make a bigger difference. if you stick to 2 minutes a mark there shouldnt be an issue though.
I'm following the '2 minutes a mark strategy'. I'm going to bring in a pencil, and write what time I need to complete the question in on the side of my exam. For example, we begin at 3:15, so I write 3:45 for the 10 mark question. Then complete the question, and if I go over, move on to the next question. This way, I will have no doubt there will be time left over, and I can finish that 10 marker without resorting to dot points... :)

sick muzza

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 03:15:11 pm »
2 minutes a mark  - 10 marker = 20minutes, so it would be 3 35 not  3 45^^^^^^^^^^^^^^