Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 09:29:25 am

Author Topic: PDHPE students peer marking  (Read 4008 times)  Share 

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
PDHPE students peer marking
« on: October 05, 2017, 11:33:48 am »
+7
Hi all!

Unfortunately there is no ATAR notes PDHPE marker as of yet, so I thought why not try make a thread where we can peer mark eachother's work! I haven't seen a whole lot of PDHPE students on here, but the reason for this may be because there aren't too many PDHPE posts, but I am hoping this will unite PDHPE students  ;D

Peer marking has a whole heap of benefits for yourself and the person you are marking for. For internals I was averaging 94% in PD so I am more than happy to read over anyone's work if you think I am credible enough  :P

Fingers crossed people actually reply to this hahaha!!

Drop your responses belooooooow <3
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

Juliesokha

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +17
Re: PDHPE students peer marking
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:24:48 pm »
Hii,

I haven't written anything that solid yet so um not yet at this stage for you to check but um can you help me with dot point: assessment of skill and performance (CORE2) visibility and reliability and what are the differences between mental rehearsal/visualisation/imagery? thankkk you <3

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
Re: PDHPE students peer marking
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 11:34:19 pm »
+4
Hii,

I haven't written anything that solid yet so um not yet at this stage for you to check but um can you help me with dot point: assessment of skill and performance (CORE2) visibility and reliability and what are the differences between mental rehearsal/visualisation/imagery? thankkk you <3

Presume you mean validity and reliability :P
Validity basically refers to that the test or ‘assessment’ must be plausiable to what is actually being tested. For instance, a valid test for examining the power of a basketballer would be a vertical jump as the assessment mimicks movements seen in basketball. However, if their power was tested using a overhead medicine ball throw, this would not be valid as basketballers do not throw heavy objects.
Reliability on the other hand more so involves ensuring the assessment is done correctly. For assessment to be reliable, it should be repeated a few times to gain an average result ensuring the assessment is a true reflection of the athlete, and in near exact conditions. For example a beep test may be conducted inside a sports hall, therefore when repeating the test it should be conducted in the same hall or on a similar surface. Temperature should also be the same if that is possible, such as if the beep test was completed on a mild day, any hot days should be avoided as it will not be a ‘reliable’ reflection of the athlete’s ability. By following these guidelines the assessment will be reliable as it has been conducted correctly and ethically

For mental rehersal/visualisation/imagery, often these are spoke about together in responses and this is completely fine to speak about them together. From my understanding, you can differentiate them from the time they are done (though don’t take me 100% on this because I could be wrong haha!)

Mental rehersal: usually done just prior to competing and involves picturing the entire event

Visualisation: usually done at home, training, or even mid game such as a striker in soccer visualising the ball going in the back of the net, thus usually only a small snippet of a specific skill. Great for injured athletes due to the ability to do this at home

Imagery: this one stumps me a bit more. Google says ‘Imagery means using all of your senses (e.g., see, feel, hear, taste, smell) to rehearse your sport in your mind.’ if that makes sense haha!

BUT, like I said maybe stick to speaking about all three collectively to stay on the safe side - that’s most likely what I shall be doing!

I hope those help you a bit more!
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)