Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:39:09 pm

Author Topic: Uni Melb Chancellor’s Scholarship  (Read 1162 times)  Share 

Bomba

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Uni Melb Chancellor’s Scholarship
« on: November 22, 2018, 07:51:31 am »
Hey,

This year one of my hopes is getting offered a chancellor’s scholarship at melb uni, after ATARs are released. I was just wondering about the VTAC process to receive such an offer.

Currently, as my first preference I have Science (Chancellor’s Scholarship) at Uni Melb, so does this mean if I do not get a 99.9 or above that I will not receive an offer for a standard Science degree?

In other words, if I do not achieve the prerequisite ATAR, will my second preference for uni then be considered, as I have applied purely for the chancellor’s scholarship version of the course.

If I do not get a 99.9 or above, I would like to go to another institution, so I’m just curious whether I have set up my preferences right.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing - thanks

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1447
Re: Uni Melb Chancellor’s Scholarship
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 08:23:28 am »
+1
Hey,

This year one of my hopes is getting offered a chancellor’s scholarship at melb uni, after ATARs are released. I was just wondering about the VTAC process to receive such an offer.

Currently, as my first preference I have Science (Chancellor’s Scholarship) at Uni Melb, so does this mean if I do not get a 99.9 or above that I will not receive an offer for a standard Science degree?

In other words, if I do not achieve the prerequisite ATAR, will my second preference for uni then be considered, as I have applied purely for the chancellor’s scholarship version of the course.

If I do not get a 99.9 or above, I would like to go to another institution, so I’m just curious whether I have set up my preferences right.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing - thanks

As I understand it, what you’ve said is correct. If you wanted to go to Melbourne for standard science, you’d have to include that separately in your preferences. So if you put chancellor’s first and then another uni second, you’d be fine
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd