Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 01:17:46 am

Author Topic: Prerequisite for English being too low  (Read 1473 times)  Share 

ImTryingIGuess

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
Prerequisite for English being too low
« on: November 20, 2018, 04:21:24 pm »
Although I'm hoping that the worst case scenario does not occur, I'm still trying to prepare for it

As most courses require 25+ SS for English, what should I do if I fail to meet that?
what if I meet the Atar requirement but not manage to pull off the prerequisite for the English, can I still pursue the course through Bridging subjects offered at the university? And if so, How would I Apply.

To give insight:
I'm aiming to get into the Bachelor of Design course in either Melbourne or Monash and currently my Literature SS prediction is rather low.
as I can't find any medium ranged essay(as all I've seen on here are masterpieces) I don't really know how I did.

tl;dr English Study may be too low-will bridging subject allow me to pursue the course

Trying is only half the worry, the rest is my own luck

Casually Paranoid of my scores, who knows..

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Prerequisite for English being too low
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 06:28:54 pm »
+1
Hey there! Hopefully your don't have to resort to this (touch wood). I'll go on right ahead and just answer some of these questions.

As most courses require 25+ SS for English, what should I do if I fail to meet that?
what if I meet the Atar requirement but not manage to pull off the prerequisite for the English, can I still pursue the course through Bridging subjects offered at the university? And if so, How would I Apply.
I'd check with the uni(s) to see if there's a bridging course specifically. I know that bridging courses exist in general, however, I know little on which ones are available and what happens when you finish them. Your best bet is to contact the uni(s) directly and ask around to see how you'd apply to the appropriate bridging courses.

Alternatively, you could do another course (e.g. Design elsewhere - if you applied for Design elsewhere or find one that doesn't need an interview - or another Monash/ Melbourne course) and transfer.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

ImTryingIGuess

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 07:45:27 pm »
Hey there! Hopefully your don't have to resort to this (touch wood). I'll go on right ahead and just answer some of these questions.
 I'd check with the uni(s) to see if there's a bridging course specifically. I know that bridging courses exist in general, however, I know little on which ones are available and what happens when you finish them. Your best bet is to contact the uni(s) directly and ask around to see how you'd apply to the appropriate bridging courses

Thanks Angel! :D I will look into it! and hopefully it doesn't need to come to that haha

Meddling

• Forum Regular
  • University of Melbourne
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 08:16:14 pm »
Hi!

Have a look at Monash's MEB program.
https://www.monashcollege.edu.au/courses/english/monash-english-bridging

Check what IELT English score you need for bachelor of design at Monash, and select the appropriate program.

I am not sure if Unimelb has any similar program, but Monash definitely has one!
𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾 - 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶⎬BSc (Human Structure and Function) @ UniMelb
𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾⎬⧼BIOL10004⧽⧼BIOL10005⧽⧼CHEM10007⧽⧼CHEM10003⧽⧼PHYC10003⧽⧼PHYC10008⧽⧼UNIB10009⧽⧼MUSI20150⧽
𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿⎬⧼ANAT20006⧽⧼PHYS20008⧽⧼BCMB20002⧽⧼MIIM20001⧽⧼MIIM20002⧽⧼SCIE20001⧽⧼EDUC10051⧽⧼CHEM10004⧽
𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶⎬⧼ANAT30007⧽⧼ANAT30008⧽⧼NEUR30002⧽⧼NEUR30003⧽⧼TBA-Elective⧽⧼TBA-Elective⧽⧼TBA-Breadth⧽TBA-Breadth⧽

ImTryingIGuess

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:32:18 pm »
+1
I am not sure if Unimelb has any similar program, but Monash definitely has one!

Aaah Meddling, I'm deeply appreciate it again, thank you!