Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:55:31 am

Author Topic: UAC & QTAC Offer Questions  (Read 1009 times)  Share 

Cacti

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: RMIT
  • School Grad Year: 2016
UAC & QTAC Offer Questions
« on: October 04, 2018, 12:15:03 pm »
Hello,

I am from Melbourne, and this year I applied to transfer to USYD for Arts/Law through UAC and to UQ for Arts/Law through QTAC. USYD is my first preference, and UQ is my second preference. I recently received an offer for the latter but Usyd has yet to respond; UQ wants me to accept/reject the place by the 8th of October. These are the questions I have:

1. If I accept my offer, would it affect whether or not I get an offer from USYD?
2. Does anyone know roughly when USYD release offers for Arts/Law? The information on the UAC key dates page is confusing because there is a round 1 September offer, Round 2 September, Round 1 October, Round 2 October, Round 1 November, and so on.
3. If I accept my offer from UQ, and USYD also offers me a place, then could I still choose to not go to UQ?

I don't want to wait for USYD, causing UQ to rescind their offer, and then USYD doesn't offer me a place.

Thank you.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: UAC & QTAC Offer Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 06:54:45 pm »
+2
Hey! I'm not sure about 2. given you are an interstate applicant (most offers for USYD Undergrad courses come out in December post ATAR release, not sure if you would be the same). However to the best of my knowledge...

1. No, UTAC and QTAC are separate institutions, USYD will process you the same regardless.
3. Yes - Courses always have a census date before which you can withdraw without financial penalty. Check this date, then yep, you can definitely accept and then withdraw :)