Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 11:16:17 pm

Author Topic: further modules confusion  (Read 2150 times)  Share 

somethingeevee

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
further modules confusion
« on: July 12, 2021, 06:17:55 pm »
Hey yall,
I'm currently unsure what modules I want to select for further maths; my school is doing geometry and networks.
Instead of networks I want to pick 'graphs and relations' since I am undertaking maths methods and familiar with most of the concepts.
What do you guys reckon I should do? Have you had good/bad encounters with networks or graphs and relations?

- Eevee

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
Re: further modules confusion
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 10:12:17 pm »
+5
Hi Eevee,

I was in quite a similar situation to you last year! While an understanding of methods will be helpful for 'graphs and relations', there are some concepts that are new and I actually found quite challenging to pick up. SO, I ended up sticking to Networks for the exam and it was my best section. Also, you will still have to undertake a SAC on networks so you will hopefully have in-depth knowledge by studying for the SAC.

- Eloise
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

somethingeevee

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Re: further modules confusion
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 11:14:33 pm »
Hi Eevee,

I was in quite a similar situation to you last year! While an understanding of methods will be helpful for 'graphs and relations', there are some concepts that are new and I actually found quite challenging to pick up. SO, I ended up sticking to Networks for the exam and it was my best section. Also, you will still have to undertake a SAC on networks so you will hopefully have in-depth knowledge by studying for the SAC.

- Eloise

Hi Eloise,
Thank you for the response! I will definitely rethink it, I find it a little bit annoying that even if I pick graphs and relations, I am still expected to complete the networks sac at school, hence needing to actually study for that too.. I'm going to think about what you said... I may stick to networks at this point.

Thanks again  :)
- Eevee