Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:36:35 am

Author Topic: The difference between a considered rationale and a reasonable rationale  (Read 2012 times)

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
  • "I am not afraid to walk this world alone" - MCR
  • Respect: +22
Hey,

I've seen on the Physics and Chemistry ISMG's that one of the criterion is the rationale.

For my past assignments, my rationale's have always gotten marked as reasonable and not considered.

What is the difference between a reasonable rationale and a considered rationale?

Cheers :)
Class of 2022!
Currently doing Unit 4: QCE
Physics || Chemistry ||Methods || General English || Ancient History || Religion & Ethics
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
+3
Hey Jinx_58! :)

To consider something means to think deliberately and carefully about that something. You are showing an informed application of your understanding of the content. In order to do this, you need to:
  • Ensure that you address every aspect of the research question/claim, and major factors that could potentially impact the dependent variable/s (being careful to not include information that isn’t relevant or important for addressing the research question)
  • Ensure that your rationale follows a good structure - think of your rationale as a funnel through which you feed the reader information. You start really broad and slowly work your way down to the specifics. This funnel allows for you to show that you have really put thought into the development of the rationale and research question
  • Ensure that the theory you discuss supports the modifications you have made to the methodology

A reasonable rationale would be one that displays a sound application of scientific concepts that relate to the research question, but may miss some of the important concepts. Further, the rationale may not contain enough theory to adequately support the modifications you have made.

Hope this helps! :)
Katelyn
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics