Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:22:35 am

Author Topic: Can I still get high 30s?  (Read 1213 times)  Share 

JIN1N

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Can I still get high 30s?
« on: June 17, 2021, 02:13:27 pm »
I felt like i got like 50 to 60 on my recent methods application sac and it was worth 100% of my unit 3. Can i still get a decent score? say around 37? I know that I can redeem myself on the exam because i am better at exam style questions than application type or investigation type methods questions.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Can I still get high 30s?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 03:28:24 pm »
+3
I felt like i got like 50 to 60 on my recent methods application sac and it was worth 100% of my unit 3. Can i still get a decent score? say around 37? I know that I can redeem myself on the exam because i am better at exam style questions than application type or investigation type methods questions.
Yeah, it is still possible to do well. For one, you still have no idea what you actually scored on the exam and even if it was in the 50's and 60's the actual score doesn't matter too much but how you ranked within your cohort. Additionally, the exams for methods are a large component of your study score so you can still make up for slightly lower sac scores by doing really well on the exam.

JIN1N

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 04:48:34 pm »
Yeah, it is still possible to do well. For one, you still have no idea what you actually scored on the exam and even if it was in the 50's and 60's the actual score doesn't matter too much but how you ranked within your cohort. Additionally, the exams for methods are a large component of your study score so you can still make up for slightly lower sac scores by doing really well on the exam.

I ended up with a 60, the average was around 40 and 5 students got 90+. What do I do from here? I have 2 sacs left for antidiff and probability. Now im depressed :((

Mackenzie Aps

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 06:04:23 pm »
I was hoping for a mid 30's for Methods. I'm from one of the top boys grammar schools, the cohort is strong, but we were mucked around with the last SAC because of the lockdown.  So the first SAC was meant to be over four days, unfortunately the first 3 SAC's therefore were scrapped and just used as practice, and the 4th counted for 100% of the Unit 3 SAC.   It's a shame as I did quite well in the first couple of SACS but they don't count now.  And then for the 4th Application task I bombed out and was marked as C.  Now it was a really hard SAC and the average in the cohort was 40% so I guess without knowing my ranking I'd probably be sitting in the middle after that SAC.  Really upset over it as I spend more time on Maths than most subjects, but yeh I've got the year ahead and the next two SACS for Unit 4 to work on.  With this mark, I know there's the possibility of being moderated again by VCAA, but where would you see a C sitting in context of the difficulty of this SAC and what the outlook is like for getting mid 30's raw.