Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:04:02 am

Author Topic: Ask Monash University  (Read 336292 times)  Share 

Dejan

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • straya m8
  • Respect: +32
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Ask Monash University
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2015, 10:03:38 pm »
What WAM is required to get into a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree?

popopkjj

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Maranatha Christian School
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2015, 06:47:30 pm »
Hey, can someone please explain to me what the pre-selection activity for Monash for architecture mean when they ask "proposal for a short film or short story addressing an architectural or urban idea". I am confused with the part about architectural/ urban idea. Can someone please please explain this to me. Thank you so much.

Ask Monash University

• Official Representative of Monash University
  • Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2015, 10:14:06 am »
I want to apply for pharmacy in parkville and am eligible for seas due to Centrelink benefits, if I get above the ATAR requirement(84) rather than the clearly in (92) and meet the course requirements will I be guaranteed entry into the course?
Hi MNM101, Monash has two admission schemes to support entry into our courses. The first scheme is the Monash Guarantee. If you are on a Centrelink benefit (such as Youth Allowance, FTB-A, Health Care Card, etc) you will be guaranteed entry into the Bachelor of Pharmacy with an achieved ATAR of 84+. You must still satisfy all course prerequisites and extra requirements- for Pharmacy, these can be found here. Note that to be considered for the Monash Guarantee you must have completed a SEAS application.

The other scheme is, as you noted, SEAS (Special Entry Access Scheme). If you do not meet the Monash Guarantee ATAR then you may still be eligible for SEAS consideration based on your financial circumstance, which may result in an increase to your ATAR.

You will be considered for both schemes based on the one SEAS application. For more information, visit: http://www.study.monash/how-to-apply/special-admissions
Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2015, 10:26:20 am »
What is the atar requirement for biomedical science at monash (clayton) with SEAS (all four categories) ?
If you are on a Centrelink benefit, from an under-represented school or are an Indigenous Australian, you will be guaranteed entry into the Bachelor of Biomedical Science with an achieved ATAR of 88+ under the Monash Guarantee. You must still satisfy all course prerequisites and extra requirements, detailed here. Note that to be considered for the Monash Guarantee you must have completed a SEAS application.

If you do not meet the Monash Guarantee ATAR then you may also be eligible for SEAS consideration. SEAS is assessed on an individual basis and works by adding points to your aggregate score that then boosts your achieved ATAR. You will not be notified of your ATAR following SEAS consideration, however, you can use the SEAS estimate calculator to get an indication of what your ATAR after SEAS may be: http://monash.edu/seas/

You will be considered for both the Monash Guarantee and SEAS from the one SEAS application.
For more information, visit: http://www.study.monash/how-to-apply/special-admissions
Monash University ATAR Notes team. For more information about Monash and our courses visit study.monash

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2015, 02:58:08 pm »
What WAM is required to get into a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree?
An absolute minimum WAM of 60% is required to transfer into a Monash Engineering course. However, you should aim for at least 70% for a single Engineering degree and 80% for double degrees. Acceptance will also depend on places available in the destination degree and the academic achievements of the pool of applicants. As a result, no guarantee can be provided that certain academic results will lead to a course transfer offer.

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2015, 03:00:41 pm »
Hey, can someone please explain to me what the pre-selection activity for Monash for architecture mean when they ask "proposal for a short film or short story addressing an architectural or urban idea". I am confused with the part about architectural/ urban idea. Can someone please please explain this to me. Thank you so much.
Hi there, unfortunately we are unable to directly answer your question as it forms a key part of the Architecture pre-selection activity.  However, we can say that there is no right or wrong answer to the pre-selection activity- what we are looking for is both your interpretation of what needs to be done, as well as your ideas related to the prompts.

whitehope

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: Copperfield College
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2015, 06:24:14 am »
Hi!
I was wondering, where does the Bachelor of Biomedical Science lead to (besides gradMBBS)? To be specific, what postgraduate studies does it make us applicable for?
And if you do the Biomedical Science course, are there pathways to Physiotherapy or Paramedics?
Thanks!

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2015, 03:37:17 pm »
Hi!
I was wondering, where does the Bachelor of Biomedical Science lead to (besides gradMBBS)? To be specific, what postgraduate studies does it make us applicable for?
And if you do the Biomedical Science course, are there pathways to Physiotherapy or Paramedics?
Thanks!
Hi whitehope!  As a graduate of our Biomedical Science degree, you will have opportunities to pursue a career in medical research, including the development of technologies, therapeutics and advances in medical treatments.  Potential areas of employment include government bodies, such as CSIRO, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, universities, research institutes, and the food industry, just to name a few.  The faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash has over 65 postgraduate degrees, and a Biomedical Science degree will allow you to apply for a vast majority of these degrees, including radiation therapy, dietetics, pharmacy, nursing, and a PhD.  You can also consider applying for an internal transfer into physiotherapy or paramedics after completing one year of the Bachelor of Biomedical Science.

For more information about your postgraduate options after the Bachelor of Biomedical Science, visit this page.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2015, 06:40:57 pm »
Hi there,

I’m not sure if you’ll be able to answer this, but when might Honours scholarship applicants learn of their success or otherwise? I apologise if this has been covered somewhere and I’ve missed it.

Thanks. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Ask Monash University

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Monash University
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2015, 12:25:53 pm »
+1
Hi there,

I’m not sure if you’ll be able to answer this, but when might Honours scholarship applicants learn of their success or otherwise? I apologise if this has been covered somewhere and I’ve missed it.

Thanks. :)
Hi Joseph41,
If you're intending to commence your Honours year in Semester 1 of 2016, I can confirm that Honours scholarship applications will start to be assessed in mid-December.  Offers are made on a rolling basis from December through to January next year so you should be notified of the outcome by then.   We're not sure where you're up to in the process however check out this website for further information on applying for scholarships and what’s available.

Just to let you know as well, if you have any further questions about this we will be online in the week of the 16 December to assist.

zhenzhenzhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Not part of the furniture
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2015, 01:00:10 pm »
Hi Monash, I was looking at the entry requirements for a PhD in Law, and I read this : A Bachelors degree with honours with a grade of H1 or H2A, or an equivalent qualification considered appropriate by the Monash University Institute of Graduate Research.

What are the requirements / what is the process for doing a PhD after completing a JD?

2010 - 2013: Bachelor of Software Engineering - Monash (completed w/ alternative exit to B. Comp Sci)
2014 - 2016: Master of Laws (Juris Doctor) - Monash

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2015, 01:34:14 pm »
Hi Joseph41,
If you're intending to commence your Honours year in Semester 1 of 2016, I can confirm that Honours scholarship applications will start to be assessed in mid-December.  Offers are made on a rolling basis from December through to January next year so you should be notified of the outcome by then.   We're not sure where you're up to in the process however check out this website for further information on applying for scholarships and what’s available.

Just to let you know as well, if you have any further questions about this we will be online in the week of the 16 December to assist.

Semester 1, 2016 is the plan, yep.

Thank you very much.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

wonga

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2015, 08:15:16 pm »
Hey! Just wondering what wam would usually secure a place for a transfer to biomedical science single degree and for a double degree with biomedical science? What would be the minimum? Thanks :)

Alps

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2015, 05:09:07 pm »
Can i go from Melbourne Arts to Arts/Law at Monash? Or is it easier to get in if you go from Arts at Monash to Arts/Law at Monash?

sparkyblossom

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • School: ATAR Notes
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2015, 10:58:20 am »
Hi Monash!

Just wondering, how are recipients of the Community Leaders Scholarship selected from the pool of AMAs? Or do all AMAs automatically receive the scholarship?