Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:16:07 am

Author Topic: How hard is it to catch up in English?  (Read 968 times)  Share 

Gogurt

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
How hard is it to catch up in English?
« on: March 18, 2019, 09:10:04 pm »
I'm currently doing Unit 1&2 English and averaging Ds in my class (first term). Is it possible to become an A student by the end of the year as long as I work super hard? I slacked off in year 10 hard so I'm not sure how much catching up I need to do.

pepper77

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +24
Re: How hard is it to catch up in English?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 10:30:05 pm »
Maybe instead of thinking of it as becoming an A student, try getting to C's by a certain point in the year.. then B's.. then A's. I don't know anyone who's gone straight from D's to A's without getting C's and B's at some point. But yeah, I do think it's possible if you put in the work and practice. :) Good luck! (& you might find the English work submission section of the forum worth a look)

guac

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
Re: How hard is it to catch up in English?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 10:33:28 pm »
I got a couple C's in year 9, a couple B's in year 10, a couple B+'s at the beginning of year 11, and a 50 and Prem's award at the end of year 12. So yes, it's possible. You just have to work your butt off and pour your heart into your essays. Eventually you will improve.

Going from D to A in one year is quite a leap though. Start by figuring out exactly why you're getting Ds. Pinpoint exactly what you need to improve in your essays. Read a lot of sample pieces.

Best of luck.
Guac puts a maths tutor in your pocket.
Chat to a verified, high achieving tutor anytime, anywhere. Ask about anything, from homework problems to difficult concepts.

7 day free trial, no credit card needed so you can get asking instantly: guactutor.com

Only available on iPhones (Android and tablets are coming!)