Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:10:03 pm

Author Topic: ASK RMIT UNIVERSITY  (Read 30313 times)  Share 

jos0013

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: ASK RMIT UNIVERSITY
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 02:03:05 pm »
I wondering whether they drop the lowest score from year-to-year.
I really wanted to get into the Bachelor of Criminology and Psychology, but just missed out on getting a 71.65 (their lowest score).
If I put RMIT as my 1st preference, during the change preference period, do you think I could still get into the course?
Thanks!

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 02:26:50 pm »
I wondering whether they drop the lowest score from year-to-year.
I really wanted to get into the Bachelor of Criminology and Psychology, but just missed out on getting a 71.65 (their lowest score).
If I put RMIT as my 1st preference, during the change preference period, do you think I could still get into the course?
Thanks!
Unfortunately, clearly-ins don't change much over the years in general. 
Fortunately, though, many people get in via SEAS and subject bonuses, so they're well under the clearly-in. That 71.65 is probably going to change, so you just never know. Keep it as first preference and seize your chances. A relatively good chance is better than zero chance at all. :) 
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 06:43:24 pm »
Hi ATAR Notes community!

I was looking at RMIT for one of my university preferences as I would really love to study in Melbourne, and I came across the page of VCE Units 3 and 4 at RMIT. So, I was just wondering what the purpose of this program would be and if I would be eligible for it? Especially since that, I'm worried that I won't get a high enough ATAR. What are the pros and cons of this program and are there any benefits?

Thank you so much and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 07:23:45 pm »
+3
Hi ATAR Notes community!

I was looking at RMIT for one of my university preferences as I would really love to study in Melbourne, and I came across the page of VCE Units 3 and 4 at RMIT. So, I was just wondering what the purpose of this program would be and if I would be eligible for it? Especially since that, I'm worried that I won't get a high enough ATAR. What are the pros and cons of this program and are there any benefits?

Thank you so much and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.
Hi Darcy,
This program enables you to complete Units 3 and 4 subjects of VCE in a university environment. So, it's the Victorian equivalent of doing QCE at uni.
According to the admissions requirements I don't think you would be eligible:
Quote from: RMIT
Admissions
You must:

not have undertaken full-time secondary schooling for the full year preceding the first year of enrolment as an adult

The pros and cons of this program depend on what you want to get of it. A major benefit of this program are that you can complete VCE in a university ("adult") environment which might work for some. A drawback is that you could be doing a uni course instead of completing VCE and repeating a secondary school qualification / taking a gap year / working during that year.
If your ATAR is lower than the entry requirement for your desired course, there are many other ways to get into it. Some include:
- completing a diploma of that course that allows you to transfer into the second year of the Bachelor degree version (someone at my school got a 48 ATAR and did an engineering diploma at RMIT and transferred to a Bachelor of Engineering).
- internal transfer - choose a course with a lower entry requirement at RMIT and transfer after a semester / year (you can contact the uni for more info about this, maybe better to do so if you end up in this situation)
- external transfer - choose a degree that is similar to your desired course but at another uni and then transfer after a semester or a year.
- do a graduate course at RMIT if available - depends on how much you want to study at the uni / what you want to study. For example, if you want to become a teacher, you can do an undergraduate degree at another uni and do a Master of Teaching at RMIT if you wanted to teach in VIC. However, if you're doing a course that leads to a specific career like journalism or pharmacy, it's probably a better idea to do an undergraduate degree at RMIT to save time and money.

If your ATAR just misses the entry requirement for your desired course, there is a chance that you can still receive an offer if there are places left in the course. It depends on the popularity of the course.

In the meantime, keep your head held high and believe in yourself! I believe in you and you should too 8)

Wishing you all the best with QCE, Darcy!

Hope this helps :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

DumpleDorf

• Adventurer
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2020, 05:49:31 pm »
Heyas,

I was wondering, how good is RMIT University for computer science? I was looking to doing the computer science course here but I'm in between doing computer science at the University of Melbourne (Bachelors of Science, major in Data Science), Monash, or RMIT.

I'm interested in the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning aspect of computer science but I was wondering if anyone knew which course was better. I've heard RMIT is good at preparing students for post-graduate employment but I'm not sure how accurate this is.

Thank you! <3
2019: Software Development [34]
2020: English Language, Methods, Physics, Accounting, Systems Engineering
ATAR Goal: 80.00
1st Course Preference: Bachelor of Computer Science @ RMIT University

ramadani

• Adventurer
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2021, 12:05:28 am »
Does RMIT have a good reputation for their science degrees?

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2021, 11:25:24 am »
Hi everyone!

If you are interested in studying at RMIT and have any questions, please feel free to post them below and I will get back to you promptly.

I can assist with pre-requisites, selection tasks, course info, selection tasks, pathway options and even where your course can take you around the world!

Alternatively you can always contact the Info Corner team on (03) 9925 2260 or drop us an enquiry

Looking forward to hearing from you all :)

Steph
RMIT University
This legit?
I went to Swinburne since 2019 and I hate every second of it.

Reggiecactus

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2022, 04:21:52 pm »
Hey there, idk if this is too late to post this but here it goes.
I'm looking to enrol into RMIT for 2023 in Chemical Engineering. I'm more particularly intereste din the double degree (Chem Engineering + Pharmaceutical Sciences). I just have a couple of questions:
1) How much extra is the double degree going to cost me? I mean I am happy to pay any fee I just don't want to be in a six-figure debt by the end of it.
2) For the double degree, will I still be able to complete the same amount of work experience as the single degree, if any? I don't see any mention of work experience, so I am just really curious about that.
3) Is Chemical Engineering a good engineering field to go into in terms of Job Prospects. I'm getting mixed ideas on this.
4) Is the double degree worth it, or am I just better off going into just Chem Engineering?