Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:27:18 am

Author Topic: How to write an integrate essay paragraph  (Read 6792 times)  Share 

Tom_Henderson

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
How to write an integrate essay paragraph
« on: August 15, 2017, 09:40:12 am »
Hi, i was wondering if i could have some assistance writing an essay paragraph which explores a similar idea throughout a man with five children and a related text, in one paragraph. Any tips? I want to avoid repeating myself and make my essay denser so i can fit another idea in.
Thanks ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: How to write an integrate essay paragraph
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 01:07:01 pm »
+1
Welcome to the forums Tom! Writing an integrated paragraph can be a little tricky at first, but it isn't that different to doing it in two separate paragraphs. All you do is take the two paragraphs and join them together, with a single intro and conclusion shared:

- Introduce the theme/idea you want to discuss
- Link it to the two texts you want to reference
- Discuss your ideas (a few sentences on one, a few on the other)
- Conclude

The key is keeping your analysis punchy and powerful, cutting out unnecessary words so your analysis doesn't get too long - That just takes practice ;D

alexborn

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: How to write an integrate essay paragraph
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 07:36:25 am »
Technically, your essay should be anywhere from 150 - 225 words. That totals to about two long paragraphs, or three moderately short ones. Do you need an introduction? Absolutely. But, it is best to keep it brief. A common way to begin the integrated essay is: “Both the reading and the listening talk about ______.”

A conclusion is a nice addition, but only if you have time. This essay is roughly half the length or two thirds the length of your independent essay, so a conclusion several sentences long is not all that realistic in twenty minutes. If you have time and are not sacrificing seconds from the editing stage, feel free to include a general concluding sentence restating what you said in your introduction with more specifics. However, if you’re running out of time and want to make sure and leave two minutes to edit - simply end your integrated essay with your final point of similarity or contradiction.