Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 08:46:44 pm

Author Topic: How to find related texts for Shoehorn Sonata.  (Read 4004 times)  Share 

lucyjayne

• Trailblazer
  • Sad backwards is das und das ist nicht gut
  • Respect: +4
How to find related texts for Shoehorn Sonata.
« on: July 16, 2017, 04:43:01 pm »
Hello,
I have just had the realisation that I have no related texts for module A and I was wondering if there were any easy ones that could be deconstructed? I was originally going to use the Book thief but I have no idea how to link this back to the shoehorn sonata.
HSC 2017: Legal Studies, English (Standard), Modern History, Ancient History, Studies of Religion II, German Continuers.

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +13
Re: How to find related texts for Shoehorn Sonata.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 11:14:11 am »
+2
Hello,
I have just had the realisation that I have no related texts for module A and I was wondering if there were any easy ones that could be deconstructed? I was originally going to use the Book thief but I have no idea how to link this back to the shoehorn sonata.

I wouldn't use the Book Thief if you don't immediately know how to link it distinctively visual. I also wouldn't just use a generic related text that half the state will be using as the examiners most likely will be sick of reading a slightly changed analysis to one online. Give your essay an edge by choosing a 'distinct' text that you either love or have a desire to learn about. I'm doing 'Maus'- a graphic novel which is on the holocaust because I find that interesting and it obviously relates to the Shoe-horn. Hope that helps :)

blasonduo

• HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Schrodinger waved while Heisenberg didn't?
  • Respect: +356
Re: How to find related texts for Shoehorn Sonata.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 11:30:48 am »
+2
As the module is distinctively visual, and the shoehorn Sonata is a play, it is very easy to use visual novels in this sense.

Last year's 2016 question was:

"Analyse how experiences and attitudes are conveyed by the use of distinctive images in the texts you have studied."

Although poems and short stories are great here too, just make sure the text explores the use of imagery and how it affects the reader emotionally, physically and how it can affect people's perspective.

Goodluck on your studies :)
2018: UNSW B science (physics)/B education

Kicking myself into gear

HSC Physics Topics 1 & 2 Exam!