Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:34:10 pm

Author Topic: How did everyone find it?  (Read 8198 times)  Share 

KristyDanielle

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
How did everyone find it?
« on: November 09, 2012, 08:47:44 pm »
Did you find it kind of hard? Or was it as easy as sinch for you?

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +21
  • School: Westbourne Grammar School
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: How did everyone find it?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 09:28:53 pm »
Thought is was pretty easy and straight forward :)
So surprised there was no comparison with another country again
Only question that really gave me triuble was the damages one and what to write for 4 marks

what about yourself?
2011: Bio [36]
2012: Legal [42] PE [43] Chem [33] English [40] Methods [25] 
ATAR: 93.30
2013: B. Arts at Monash University
2014: Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Arts at Monash

Pa007

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: NHS
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 09:29:35 pm »
It wasn't easy and it wasn't hard. I think the problem with the legal exam this year was around ambiguities and personal interpretation.

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 09:30:56 pm »
It wasn't easy and it wasn't hard. I think the problem with the legal exam this year was around ambiguities and personal interpretation.

What questions were ambigious and up for personal interpretation?

Pa007

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 09:33:15 pm »

I found the 1 question to be a little unclear as proclamation isn't a stage per say but a result of royal assent. The courts as a body that change law was a little odd. The damages question was a bit of a throw off considering it was 5 marks and the supreme court precedent question.

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 09:36:01 pm »

I found the 1 question to be a little unclear as proclamation isn't a stage per say but a result of royal assent. The courts as a body that change law was a little odd. The damages question was a bit of a throw off considering it was 5 marks and the supreme court precedent question.

The first question was obiviously proclamation because it gave the date that royal assent was given
I agree with the damages one, had no idea what to write for 4 marks, kinda waffled a bit
The supreme court one was that courts on the same level don't have to follow their already exisiting precedents, they can disapprove of that precedent and create a new one even if they conflcit

How do you think you went though?

Dejan

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • straya m8
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 09:37:29 pm »
First question was quite ambiguous

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 09:38:49 pm »
First question was quite ambiguous

Guess a lot of people found it so
may i ask why you didn't think it was proclamation?

Pa007

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 09:41:04 pm »

The first question was obiviously proclamation because it gave the date that royal assent was given
I agree with the damages one, had no idea what to write for 4 marks, kinda waffled a bit
The supreme court one was that courts on the same level don't have to follow their already exisiting precedents, they can disapprove of that precedent and create a new one even if they conflcit

Yeah I guess you are right about the first question. To be perfectly honest with you, I saw governor general and assented and ran with it haha.

All in all i hope around 55-60 out of 70. I was expecting higher but this years exam kind of threw me off. How about yourself?

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 09:42:53 pm »

Yeah I guess you are right about the first question. To be perfectly honest with you, I saw governor general and assented and ran with it haha.

All in all i hope around 55-60 out of 70. I was expecting higher but this years exam kind of threw me off. How about yourself?

To be honest I was pretty happy with this exam with the one exception being 4 marks on damages question
Well for teh whole year i have wanted to 60/70 at least so hopefully i can get that  ;D

Pa007

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 09:45:33 pm »

To be honest I was pretty happy with this exam with the one exception being 4 marks on damages question
Well for teh whole year i have wanted to 60/70 at least so hopefully i can get that  ;D

That's good to hear, hope all goes well for you and good luck with the rest of your exams  :)

KristyDanielle

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 09:52:35 pm »
Crap. Why did I post this? Everyone's replies are making me feel awful about my own answers lol. I went with royal assent with the first question as it showed the bill becoming an act. I'm probably wrong. I don't feel good about this.

michak

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 10:00:10 pm »
Don't worry about one question it was only 2 marks
Im sure you did really well with the rest of the paper

sabrin.s95

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: Isik College
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 10:12:58 pm »
Shit!! I answered royal assent and I was so confident with that answer..I hated the court question, the damages question, and the VCAT&Victorian parliament questions. Hopefully I answered correctly!!

KristyDanielle

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 10:17:36 pm »
Don't worry about one question it was only 2 marks
Im sure you did really well with the rest of the paper

Thanks! I hope. However I think I got the Court of Appeal precedent question wrong too. Damn. Are you absolutely sure it was proclamation?