Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:26:44 am

Author Topic: NO OFFERS STILL OMG  (Read 1076 times)  Share 

Steilaaaa7374583

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
NO OFFERS STILL OMG
« on: January 11, 2019, 03:21:20 pm »
+1
Omg okay it’s me again... Not sure if I’m done or not, but I still haven’t received any offers! I got an email today in the morning at 3 am and it said how I was unsuccessful for ALL MY OFFERS!

Can anyone recommend what I should do? Like I don’t wanna do tafe and other stuff, I really wanna go to a uniiii😭😭

LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW

Like do I still have hope for the next offer rounds?

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: NO OFFERS STILL OMG
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 03:55:47 pm »
+4
Omg okay it’s me again... Not sure if I’m done or not, but I still haven’t received any offers! I got an email today in the morning at 3 am and it said how I was unsuccessful for ALL MY OFFERS!

Can anyone recommend what I should do? Like I don’t wanna do tafe and other stuff, I really wanna go to a uniiii😭😭

Hi...

By now, some of the courses have already been filled, so this may be one of the reasons why you didn't receive an offer. This UAC ATAR Profile shows which courses are still vacant for later rounds (V), and which ones are closed for applications (C).

I would also encourage you to reconsider your preferences. Here's a few options:

1. If your ATAR is a lot lower than the cut-off for your courses preferences, try seeing if there is a similar degree with a lower cut-off that you can swap it for.

E.g. Changing a B Advanced Science course to a B Science.

2. Also, some universities offer the same courses at differing cut-offs, so perhaps try and find the courses you are interested in at a different university, and see if the cut-off is lower.

3. Another thing to consider is putting a broad, low-cut off degree, such as a Bachelor of Arts, as top preference. This can allow you to pick subjects that you are interested in, and gives you the opportunity to transfer into another course.

Hope this is helpful!  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: NO OFFERS STILL OMG
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 08:09:05 pm »
+2

Hey, Steilaaaa7374583!

I hope you will get into a course you like in the upcoming offer rounds. I'm sure one will be bound to come when the time is right but if the courses you currently have are quite competitive, kauac has offered some great options above for you to consider which I hope will be helpful in giving you a direction as to where you should head!

I just wanted to add that other alternatives can still get you to where you want to be. There seems to be a really huge stigma on TAFE and other pathways but you never know- they may be right for you. I would advise you to see them as options as well, as opposed to last resorts  :) I have a friend who was unable to get into university based on his ATAR and he did Engineering at TAFE for a year before being accepted at WSU. Keep exploring options, find out if there are other opportunities far more beneficial to what you wish to achieve and go with what you think will be best for your future  ;D ;D Good luck and may the next offer rounds be in your favour!
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music