Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:08:02 pm

Author Topic: Interdependence: Operations + Human Resources  (Read 1180 times)  Share 

rutilantel

• Adventurer
  • Student Dilemmas!
  • Respect: +3
Interdependence: Operations + Human Resources
« on: March 20, 2019, 11:52:08 am »
Hello! Hope you are all well.

I am currently studying for my business exam. Currently, I am quite stuck on the concept regarding the interdependence of operations and human resources.
If you guys could, please post some sample answers if you've found/have any, or some key points to mention when answering this question!

Thank you!  ;D
★ HSC 2019 ★
Advanced English, Business Studies, Legal Studies, SOR 1, Drama,  Standard Math

KingTings

• MOTM: JULY 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "I'll do it later.."
  • Respect: +15
Re: Interdependence: Operations + Human Resources
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 04:38:44 pm »
Hello! Hope you are all well.

I am currently studying for my business exam. Currently, I am quite stuck on the concept regarding the interdependence of operations and human resources.
If you guys could, please post some sample answers if you've found/have any, or some key points to mention when answering this question!

Thank you!  ;D

Hey!
Well operations determine what skills are needed for production, which varies the selection and development/training processes of HR (e.g, established/leading-edge technologies reduces level of selection completed by HR).
HR are required to provide monetary and non-monetary awards and ensure employee satisfaction levels are high, this determines the productivity and quality of work within operations, varying the ability to achieve cost leadership via economies of scale and differentiation through customer service.
When answering interdependence questions, make reference to how the other business function(s) affect the ability to achieve the strategic goal and vice versa. How do operations impact HR's goal of productivity and employee satisfaction? And how does HR impact operations goal of g/s differentiation and cost leadership?
Hope this helps!
HSC 2019
Business Studies - Economics - Physics - English Adv. - Maths Adv.

ATAR:
Aim = 92+, Actual = 97.1 ;D