Uni Stuff > Universities - New South Wales

UTS or UNSW?

(1/5) > >>

paigek3:
Hi guys I am looking to study Journalism at either one of these unis but I am torn between which one. I love the facilities at UTS for my course but I didn't like the campus. I am going to the UNSW open day this weekend to have a look there, campus seems better and the course looks good too but don't know what the facilities are like for media.

Does anyone go here/know of anyone who goes to either of these unis in the media type area and what their experiences are like?

EEEEEEP:

--- Quote from: paigek3 on August 29, 2017, 05:22:05 pm ---Hi guys I am looking to study Journalism at either one of these unis but I am torn between which one. I love the facilities at UTS for my course but I didn't like the campus. I am going to the UNSW open day this weekend to have a look there, campus seems better and the course looks good too but don't know what the facilities are like for media.

Does anyone go here/know of anyone who goes to either of these unis in the media type area and what their experiences are like?

--- End quote ---
UTS is pretty much well known for communications and journalism.  From my friends experience.. they prepare you for the biggest challenges, link you up with industry connections etc.. You do "pretend" news coverage for UNI and also have many many opportunities to intern and pitch your work. 

Students have gone on to large news orgs such as CNN, ABC, sydney morning herald and the LA news.

I am not trying to boast, but UTS is really one of the best of the communication/journalism schools.

What don't you like about the campus?

paigek3:

--- Quote from: EEEEEEP on August 29, 2017, 05:29:29 pm ---UTS is pretty much well known for communications and journalism.  From my friends experience.. they prepare you for the biggest challenges, link you up with industry connections etc.. You do "pretend" news coverage for UNI and also have many many opportunities to intern and pitch your work. 

Students have gone on to large news orgs such as CNN, ABC, sydney morning herald and the LA news.

I am not trying to boast, but UTS is really one of the best of the communication/journalism schools.

What don't you like about the campus?

--- End quote ---

I just don't like how much of a 'concrete jungle' it feels like. I've always liked the outdoors and it feels really claustrophobic to me

EEEEEEP:

--- Quote from: paigek3 on August 29, 2017, 06:00:21 pm ---I just don't like how much of a 'concrete jungle' it feels like. I've always liked the outdoors and it feels really claustrophobic to me

--- End quote ---
I understand how you feel ^^. Ultimately, it's up to you whether you can put that aside as the opportunities given you there are immense.

RuiAce:
Admittedly, I've never seen anyone at UNSW study this

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version