Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:56:57 am

Author Topic: Dream Diary - Post About Your Dreams Here  (Read 21206 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Dream Diary - Post About Your Dreams Here
« on: July 29, 2017, 06:42:29 pm »
+13
I used to keep a dream diary. Very interesting reading; there are heaps of dreams I remember now that otherwise I would have lost entirely.

I think about them often.

Use this thread to post about your dreams. I'll be using it regularly.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
Re: Dream Diary - Post About Your Dreams Here
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 08:57:31 pm »
+10
How graphic can I get? I dream prolifically every night and probably a solid 50% of my dreaming is nightmarish. ::)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 09:49:54 pm »
+9
Calebark dared me to post this weird dream I had a while back - I admittedly can't remember every detail though, so it's not so amusing.

So like, it had something to do with bulls actually being sentient creatures that could talk?
And if that wasn't weird enough, one of my classmates fell in love with a bull. And they ran away and got married because people disapproved of their relationship?? Although, even though they ran away, I somehow still went to their wedding.

So strange

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 09:51:31 pm »
+6
Calebark dared me to post this weird dream I had a while back - I admittedly can't remember every detail though, so it's not so amusing.

So like, it had something to do with bulls actually being sentient creatures that could talk?
And if that wasn't weird enough, one of my classmates fell in love with a bull. And they ran away and got married because people disapproved of their relationship?? Although, even though they ran away, I somehow still went to their wedding.

So strange

Did they get bullied?

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 09:59:48 pm »
+6
Did they get bullied?
You know it's a great pun when Heidi downvotes <3

Yes, I guess you could say they got bullied. They got kicked out of the place where the reception was because the owner didn't like bulls and had called the federal police, so we had to run away.

Strange thing is, I can't remember who it was that married the bull, all I can remember is that I was friends with them

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 10:08:52 pm »
+9
Reminds me of a dream I had a few weeks ago- in this dream I "woke up" and discovered that I was a gummy bear... standing on a tennis racket, surfing on some river made up of chemistry textbooks. Needless to say, I was very confused when I woke up. :P
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 10:21:17 pm »
+6

So strange

You better not be bullshitting us.

And correction: I double-dog dared you
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 10:50:51 pm »
+17
Oh boy this is going to be fun. Be warned - super weird, high school PTSD is about to follow. I should also stress that I'm very happy with where I ended up post-VCE, so not sure why I keep having this dream (or rather, series).

Anyway, in my first year of uni, I started having this dream. It was really weird, but would happen every few weeks, where I was back in high school. But I wasn't completely in high school - instead, I was also attending uni, but was repeating some subjects. All my mates were still with me, all in the same year, but I was the only weird one. Even weirder - this dream world seemed to move in real time, and it was almost as if the only times I attended school were the ones in which I dreamed I was there. So, if on Monday night I dreamed I was at school, dreamed about bunnies and rainbows on the next three days, and then on Friday night dreamed I was at school again, everyone would act as if I'd been gone for three days at uni.

Anyway, I actually remembered the past three years of my life, and it was almost as if I'd gone back in time. So, I used this opportunity to do even better and get a higher ATAR. I was super secretive about everything, though - my friends didn't actually know I was doing uni at the same time, just thought I had lots of sick days.

Then, I entered by second year of uni, and in my dreams I started year 11. Then, in my third year of uni, I started year 12. SUPER weird. This was also the year that the teachers spilled I was doing uni at the same time, which was also why I didn't do SACs or exams - I could actually stop VCE at any point I wanted, this was just a way of re-applying for scholarships for me. Think Billy Maddison style - I didn't need grades, just completion.

So anyway, then comes honours. I think I'm finally free of these dreams - I dreaded reliving my first year of uni, but figured there was no way my dreams would do that while I'm still there.

They didn't - instead, I was in grade 2, with all of my friends, but I remembered EVERYTHING. I told my best mate it was a conspiracy, and to prove it to him, I pulled my CAS out of my bag and showed him my futuristic technology and told him that it proved I was from the future. Being 7, he completely agreed with me, and then insisted we go play Pokemon outside. Apparently I forgot how 7 year olds thought, so I got super confused by his behaviour (first that he actually believed me, second that he didn't want to do anything about it), and then woke up.

Still waiting for the sequel from this one, it's taking a while...

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 11:05:26 pm »
+5
Oh boy this is going to be fun. Be warned - super weird, high school PTSD is about to follow. I should also stress that I'm very happy with where I ended up post-VCE, so not sure why I keep having this dream (or rather, series).

Anyway, in my first year of uni, I started having this dream. It was really weird, but would happen every few weeks, where I was back in high school. But I wasn't completely in high school - instead, I was also attending uni, but was repeating some subjects. All my mates were still with me, all in the same year, but I was the only weird one. Even weirder - this dream world seemed to move in real time, and it was almost as if the only times I attended school were the ones in which I dreamed I was there. So, if on Monday night I dreamed I was at school, dreamed about bunnies and rainbows on the next three days, and then on Friday night dreamed I was at school again, everyone would act as if I'd been gone for three days at uni.

Anyway, I actually remembered the past three years of my life, and it was almost as if I'd gone back in time. So, I used this opportunity to do even better and get a higher ATAR. I was super secretive about everything, though - my friends didn't actually know I was doing uni at the same time, just thought I had lots of sick days.

Then, I entered by second year of uni, and in my dreams I started year 11. Then, in my third year of uni, I started year 12. SUPER weird. This was also the year that the teachers spilled I was doing uni at the same time, which was also why I didn't do SACs or exams - I could actually stop VCE at any point I wanted, this was just a way of re-applying for scholarships for me. Think Billy Maddison style - I didn't need grades, just completion.

So anyway, then comes honours. I think I'm finally free of these dreams - I dreaded reliving my first year of uni, but figured there was no way my dreams would do that while I'm still there.

They didn't - instead, I was in grade 2, with all of my friends, but I remembered EVERYTHING. I told my best mate it was a conspiracy, and to prove it to him, I pulled my CAS out of my bag and showed him my futuristic technology and told him that it proved I was from the future. Being 7, he completely agreed with me, and then insisted we go play Pokemon outside. Apparently I forgot how 7 year olds thought, so I got super confused by his behaviour (first that he actually believed me, second that he didn't want to do anything about it), and then woke up.

Still waiting for the sequel from this one, it's taking a while...
Talking about school dreams, I recently had a dream where myself and a fair few other people from my year 12 cohort (funnily enough, it was all the high achievers) had to redo year 12? So there we were, sitting with the year 12 jackets of 2017 on, back in uniform, all with a puzzled look on our face.
There's nothing more terrifying in a dream than to find yourself back in your French classroom :-X

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 10:11:56 am »
+8
Last night I dreamt that I hosted a party with all of the AN NSW members. But when they got to my house, all of the walls started to go mouldy, and slightly damp towels starting falling from the sky.

Nobody had a good time.

I'm sorry.

EDIT: You know that this was a dream just from the "I hosted a party" bit.

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 01:46:25 pm »
+5
Nobody had a good time.

I'm sorry.

EDIT: You know that this was a dream just from the "I hosted a party" bit.

Giggled.

Just once, I'll share nightmares here.  This was last night's delightful and memorable collection!

Spoiler
1.  Was at church with church members and Joseph41 and Brenden (and I think Kate?), and enemy planes started dropping little bombs round the area (like, each bomb destroyed about a square metre of ground).  We were panicking, trying to anticipate where they'd drop the next bomb and jump out of the way at just the right times.  Joseph41 was hit first.  Bye bye, Nick.

2.  I was hosting a party of old school acquaintances*, who were all covered in self-harm scars and scratches and bruises.  I was really distressed - this had happened in dreams before, but this time it was actually real life! ::)  They were kind enough to assure me that it was my fault.

3.  I was repeating VCE, but sneakily and skilfully skipping all my classes so that my teachers never noticed.  The exams were coming up and I hadn't opened my methods book once the entire year; I knew I was going to do terribly compared with the year before and disappoint everyone.  Halfway through the (outdoor on the grass) Texts and Traditions exam, luckily, I realised I'd already done the exam the year before, so I didn't need to try again, so I tore up my paper, walked out and refused to do any other exams. 8)

4.  A positive dream.  Of course, I don't remember anything about it. ::)

graphic/triggering
5.  Rape.

6.  My older sister showed me the soles of her feet, covered in deep cuts she'd made, and she couldn't walk with the pain.  I tried to tell her not to, but then she started again, slashing and slashing, while I cried and begged.  And then she did the final stroke, and there was blood everywhere, and I couldn't move or speak, and she was saying, "Heidi, I'm dying, please help me, please, call someone, do something", and I couldn't do anything.  She bled to death on the floor.  I remember calling Mum to let her know that Bec was dead.

Couldn't take more, so didn't sleep the rest of the night. \o/

* As with Joseph41, this proves it was a dream. ;)

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 01:56:17 pm »
+4
(( It says I've downvoted some of the replies here. This is not true. Just important to note. I'm on my phone right now -- perhaps it just hates me. :) ))
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 02:01:10 pm »
+4
Last night's dream (even though I didn't have much sleep): I sunk a boat and became the world's most wanted criminal, and the only way to stop that was to dance with a babushka doll...
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 02:05:28 pm »
+2
I dreamt that I had a break in last night and everything was stolen, the person had  a weapon too :O

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 02:08:42 pm »
+4
became the world's most wanted criminal

spoiler: she already is the world's most wanted criminal and disguises herself with a pink wig and the pseudonyms "insanipi" or "louise"