Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:41:51 am

Author Topic: Needs related text urgently  (Read 809 times)  Share 

Sarahxx16

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Needs related text urgently
« on: February 25, 2019, 07:52:44 pm »
Hey I need some related text about identity or something to do with the concept of genetic modification of future children . I desperately need some texts.

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Re: Needs related text urgently
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 07:56:37 pm »
+2
Hey I need some related text about identity or something to do with the concept of genetic modification of future children . I desperately need some texts.
Hey there,

I'm not sure what your prescribed text is, but from your description of your ideal ORT, perhaps the film Gattaca could be a great fit. The film is supposed to be utopic because genetic selection can help them get rid of diseases but there is an element of dystopia because it also leads to discrimination of the "in-valids" (i.e. our protagonist Vincent). You could also talk about the sterile nature of Vincent's workplace to even the costuming of the characters.

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Re: Needs related text urgently
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 09:45:03 am »
+1

1. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
2. The Hunger Games by....?
3. Brave New World?
4. Billy Elliot
-KgkG-